Emailing all Customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emailing all Customers

OK guys, some of you may remember me as the newbie who knows nothing!
    Got another problem left me by the guy who used to run our Actinic site but decided to pop his clogs and not leave us the location of the manuals!
    How do I email all of our customers with the same message? Is it possible or do I have to email them all individually which seems a bit daft?
    Many thanks for your help in the past (and, almost certainly, in the future)
    Derek

It's always worth searching the forum to find out how to do stuff as it's often been discussed before.

In your case you have two options;

1. upgrade to V8 where the functionality you want is built in.

2. read this thread http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=33767 and choose one of the options discussed.

mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

emailing all customers

cheers mate, unfortunately I already have V8 and still can't find out how to email all peops on my list with the same message.

Basically what I want is to write an email message (just once!!) and click on a button some where which sends it to all my customers.

Comment

actinic inbuilt marketting will collect email addresses for you but you will need to send them from outside Actinic.

ie an online mass emailer or a desktop client such as group mail.

However before sending blanket emails you should read the directive on whom you are allowed to send emails to and you should check with your host how many emails you can send as many hosts restrict mass emailing as anti spam measures

Comment

Ha yes. Shows how little I've used V8.

As Jo Says. To do this you'll need to export the email addresses to a CSV file (look in the 'marketing' tab) and then use an external mailer to send them.

You can either send them from your Pc using something like group mail or use an external email service. The advantage of the second option is that they look after the anti-spam side of things for you.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Jo can handle mass mailings for you to ensure legal compliance and hopefully prevent you from getting blacklisted if not careful in what you send and how.

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
            X