Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TEST mode screws up Production Mode CGI scripts

Hi,

I've just discovered something which may save someone a lot of grief in future. I was testing out some changes to my site in TEST mode & discovered that I suddenly had a production problem. Whenever I clicked on a link on the live site of the form http://www.brightkidz.co.uk/cgi/ss10...F=55&NOLOGIN=1 I got a screen saying MULTIPLE CHOICES and a message saying that I had duplicate scripts.

This problem persisted until I switched back to PRODUCTION mode.

I don't know whether there is something funny about my system or whether this is a bug and could be a problem for other people. Has any one else noticed this problem or got a fix for it?

Regards,
    Lance
    Lance

www.brightkidz.co.uk

"High visibility clothing and accessories for children and adults"

Lance - one thing that could have caused this is a dodge cookie on your PC that caused the live site to remember the BaseHREF of the test site (or vice versa). If it happens again, try it from another PC and see if you get the same thing happening.

Comment

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

I did check it on another PC when it happened and we had the same problem. The problem went away after switching back to production mode.
      Lance

www.brightkidz.co.uk

"High visibility clothing and accessories for children and adults"

Comment

Hmmm - there may well be an old v7 issue in this area. I've been using this feature happily with v8 and v9 without the same issues though.

Comment

Working...
        X