• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vat

My main item is a childs dress (no vat)
    when i create an upsell say

add shoes for £5.00
    when it comes to the checkout it puts no vat on the shoes?

Please can you e mail a solution for this
    thanks

sales@islandentertainmentsonline.com

Hi Paul

You can achieve this by associating the component (item for upsell) with a hidden product. The hidden product can be set up with the tax rate you want and in the component details you have the choice of carrying the tax across with the association. In case this is confusing, the product tree is as follows:

- Product [dress]
    -- Component [upsell - shoes]
    - Hidden Product [shoes]

The hidden product is hidden by ticking Hide Online in Product Details | General.
    The upsell is associated to the hidden product by selecting from the Associated Product dropdown box in the component details, and the tax can be carried across by ticking Use Associated Product Tax.
    Sizes of shoe could be offered as an upsell by creating an attribute and choices under the component.

Ben
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

Confused

Sorry you totally lost me there.
      When creating an upsell i dont have a product for it on the site.
      Say dress is the product, i want to
      add shoes
      add socks
      add toenails
      add feet

but i do not sell these products individually on my site.
      My problem is when i add a vatable "add" to the product it does not add vat at the checkout.

Shit im confusing myself now!

Paul

Comment

Me Again

Right, so basically i have to create a product (shoes) hide it on the website, and associate the upsell to it?

Sometimes when i add an upsell i do not get the option of the associated with it.

Comment

You should always get the option of selecting an associated product.

You won't be able to do it if you have an attribute (e.g. a size attribute) within the component. You will have to create a separate component for doing the shoe upsell.

Comment

Working...
          X