Help with large product groups and variable discounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with large product groups and variable discounts

Hi, I am new to the forum but am hoping somebody can help me.

We are running V.7 and sell childrens' clothing (so lots of sizes, colours etc), along with complementary products. I would like to be able to upsell the products by offering customers the chance to bundle together, say, a suit (which they need to be able to choose), some sunglasses, some sunscreen, and a hat to get either a) a fixed bundle price or b) a discount - I don't mind which. Ideally I would like to offer different discounts for different bundle combinations.

I have tried to understand the product groups option, but I don't seem to be able to get a link to the available additional products to display. I am trying to achieve something like this:

'Add a hat and receive 10% discount' - click here for hats
    Add hat and sunglasses and receive 20% discount - click here for sunglasses

Or should I just put in a whole new Category called, say, Value Bundles and enter the bundles as individual products? I can easily do this, but then again, I'm not sure how to offer the customers the chance to choose their items?

If anyone can help me I would be extremely grateful. My website is
    www.koolsun.co.uk

Whilst writing - can anyone explain why on my screen the categories are out of line, but on everyone else's they seem to be inline with the top banner??

Thank you!

Hi,

Or should I just put in a whole new Category called, say, Value Bundles and enter the bundles as individual products?
    I think you will have to do it this way as you can't have a product in more than one group and your example shows 'hats' in both options giving different discounts.

I'm not sure how to offer the customers the chance to choose their items?
    You would have to use components/attributes/choices to create drop-down boxes for customers to choose from. Set the cost of the bundle in the main product. If you are stock monitoring your products you can associate the relevant items to the relevant permutation in the component.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thank you both for your replies.

I will try the product bundle option, but need to get some photos taken first.

Whilst waiting for the photos, I have now managed to set up a product group and a discount group so that if a customer buys a particular suit, they can get 10% off a range of other products. However, if they put one reward product in the basket, they get the discount but the link in the basket to the reward products disappears. Is it possible for this to remain visible so that they could click on several different reward products, and still get the 10% discount on them all? I haven't clicked the One Reward option in Cart Contents, it is definately unchecked.

Many thanks again

Comment

However, if they put one reward product in the basket, they get the discount but the link in the basket to the reward products disappears. Is it possible for this to remain visible so that they could click on several different reward products, and still get the 10% discount on them all?
        I don't think this is possible. It's the trigger that will determine when a discount is eligible (ie if set to quantity of 1 then the customer has to buy one of the main products to get a discount on one of the reward products, so to get another one they would have to buy another of the main products).

I'll add this to the wish-list.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X