Connection to server terminated abnormally, and other upload problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection to server terminated abnormally, and other upload problems

Hi all, our site has been running successfully for quite some time, but all of a sudden we have developed uploading problems.

An upload starts normally, completes checks purges etc, and then during the send process it freezes and displays

"Connection to server terminated abnormally" followed by cancel and retry options.

Clicking RETRY causes actinic to say write permisson errors on the acatalog folder, and offers to fix them.

Clicking yes means another 3-4 minute wait followed by actinic refusing to upload.

Clicking CANCEL causes actinic to state ftp uploading problems, and procedes to upload via HTTP instead.

Our hosting company insist this is an actinic settings problem, but no settings have been changed.

Any ideas?

Pete
    www.discoSuperstore.co.uk
    Portsmouth Sound & Light. The South's No.1 DJ Store

Sound like a hosting issue to me - who is the host

Comment

thats what i thought, and been saying to them for weeks now.

They deny all knowledge, insist it must be an actinic settings problem, they say they can see no reason for the server to do this

Hosting Company: Easyspace

Pete @ PSL

Comment

Ive never used easyspace but there have been some posts about them. Can you connect using ftp software.

Comment

Yep, no problems connecting using IE ftp access, or cuteftp.

Have even had successful uploads go through with no sign of this error.

It appears more likely to occur during 'larger' uploads, section changes, many new products etc, but this is no guarantee.

It doesnt appear to be a particular file, type or size.

I can still continue to upload using the http feature, but i find this to be slower, and just because i can work round the problem doesnt convince me that i should have to put up with it...

Easyspace have usually been pretty good to us, although they can be very slow to respond. But in this instance they are pretty much useless.

Comment

It may also be an ISP issue that is cutting out larger uploads

Comment

We have found on occasion that whilst the upload is fine in most respects, conducting a Web | Configure through to the end seems to solve strange ftp issues where outside of Actinic the ftp works fine, but within has timeouts which can not be explained, so might be worth a try and then once done with the configure, then see if it goes up as normal.

Comment

Working...
              X