Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital Download charging shipping ???

As title guys,

my digital download is charging shipping.

In ordering tab business setting i have the digital download settings both ticked.

Ive also tried to turn each one off and set the auto ship within the product

But non seem to work, whats the correct setting so my pdf file can be downloaded after payment and not be charged shipping

<edit> I think i know the problem now, my shipping is based on value which does not seem to work with DD - is there a work around ?

Thanks
    Reverse Osmosis Water Filters

The only workarounds I can think of are:

1. Set all the product weights to be equivalent to the value of the product and then set shipping to be by weight. Not recommended due to the amount of work involved and keeping everything up to date.

2. Change your shipping structure to be by weight. Really very simple and what seems to make sense for most retailers.

3. Upgrade to V8 / V9 where you have some more advanced shipping options. (my preferred choice).

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I can't now change everything to weight as everything is all geared up for value now.

Is there no other possible way of a work around for V7 (without upgrading)
      Reverse Osmosis Water Filters

Comment

The only other think I can think of is that V7.0.2 has

3. The option to exempt digitally-downloadable products from incurring a shipping charge has been added. Ref: a_c/1302
        I don't know if this applies to all shipping methods or not. What version of Actinic are you using?

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
        X