Problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems!

When we bought Actinic v7 we were sure we bought a package which allowed us to publish two sites. It was a long time ago and I have been doing my site for years, its still not online. Now its nearing completion I have hit upon another snag. We have lost our box with all our information and codes. - During a move I think. My brother has an actinic site on line using the codes. He is not selling on this, its more of a front page information website designed on actinic. Does this mean one of our websites is up and running. How will we get mine up - can we use the same code my brother has used? Hope this makes sense.

Thanks for your help.

You would be best contacting Actinic directly to check on the licensing you purchased. To publish more than one site then you would need either more than one site licence or the Developer version.

Comment

can we use the same code my brother has used
      NO - when you brother uploaded his site then that used the licence as duncan says you will now need to get another licence. You will also find that V7 is no longer supported by Actinic as we are now on V9.

Combine this with your other problems then I would suggest you take some time out and perhaps get some help.

Comment

My brother has an actinic site on line using the codes.
        go to the copy of actinic on your brothers PC, housekeeping, security codes.

Write down the licence key - it will be the one in 4 sets of 3 separated by hyphens. ie Abc-D1f-gh2-345

Phone Actinic with this key and they wil ltell you if its a multi site key or a single domain.

Comment

Okay it seems we bought a catalog which means its a single site. So my brother is using the site. Unfortunately my brother's site is an information only site althoug he has designed it via actinic. He is not selling on it. I think this is a waste of the license and am trying to persuade him to give me the licence as I want to sell online. Would my brother need to start from scratch designing a new website on a frontpage site? I know his site will look different if he can't use the actinic layout but is there any easy way for him to transfer his site, and prehps import to an alternative so I can use the license?

Thanks

Clare Little Gift Box

Comment

I know his site will look different if he can't use the actinic layout but is there any easy way for him to transfer his site, and prehps import to an alternative so I can use the license
            It would be far easier and cheaper to buy another licence IMO - you would also be getting V9 for your money which is a major improvement to V7.

Comment

There will be no easy weay for him to transfer his site except fto copy the source code online and then cut out the Actinic bits - he might be better off starting again.

A possibility would be for him to purchase CatalogLE perhaps - this allows only a few products. Check with Actinic sales for the price.

Also double check with Actinic that you can definitely use this licence again on a different domain name.

Comment

Also double check with Actinic that you can definitely use this licence again on a different domain name
                I suspect they will say no - your licence is for a single business. You can move domains but not business

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
                  I suspect they will say no - your licence is for a single business. You can move domains but not business
                  It's not always as cut and dry as this.
                  I had permission to 're-use' a license, in the past, from a business that closed and transferred it to Jesters when we moved from a different ecom setup.
                  I think they tend to go on a case by case basis a bit but I do strongly agree that a new license will be a million times better as you would get V9 for your money, which is so much more flexible.
                  Tracey

Comment

Working...
                  X