Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Packs and stock levels

Hi

I was hoping someone might be able to help with this problem for me.

I have a number of products that I want to sell in a ‘pack’, where this ‘pack’ contains 6 items from the catalogue. (If you look at http://www.e4enemas.com/acatalog/e4enemas_products.html you will see the pack there.)

Buying this pack of 6 items costs less than the items if bought separately and cost a set amount of postage…which is less than the postage for the 6 products if purchased separately. I also want the items in this pack, when sold, to reduce the stock levels as per if the items were sold separately….does that make sense?

Hmm Ok to try and summarise ….what I want to do is

1 List the items separately within the pack so the customer and the person packing the goods can see what they have ordered.
    2. Charge a set value for the postage
    3. Charge a set value for the pack
    4. Have the stock within the pack affect the stock levels.

I can do 1, 2 and 3 in the list above no problem, but I am struggling with 4...and its affect on 2 (postage cost)…so essentially I can’t at the moment find a solution where all four of the above work together…...rats! Oh incidentally my postage costs are done by weight.

Any thoughts would be grand….I was toying with the idea of having the items in the pack as separate catalogue items that don’t appear on the web but in which I can define and set the weights, item cost and so on….but then have just realised that these items wont then make the stock for the real items go down….

Sorry this is so long …Many thanks for wading through it all..

Any thoughts would be really grand

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy,

You can create a pack and have the stock levels change on the individual products.

1. Create your pack product with the cost of the pack specified in it.

2. Create a component for each item in the pack and associate the component to the individual product listed in the catalog - double-click on the component and select the product from the 'Associate Product' drop-down list.

3. On the main pack product, go into the 'components' tab and set the pricing model to 'Product Prices'.

You can then define your weight for the product to determine the shipping cost and when you download the order the stock levels will be changed on the associated product.

I hope this helps.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Maybe it'e me

Hi Tracey

Tried to put a reply up yesterday but me computer went north me..

anyway thanks v much for the suggestion...I tried it and it resolves one of the issues in that there are now no zeros for cost beside each item which is great thank you

However the same problem i was having before is still there sadly.... The postage price goes up as it seems to be taking the weight of the itmes within the pack..which is not what I actually want it to do...... I just want to use the weight as defined for the pack itself not an accumulation of the items within it. I have a feeling that this isnt possible but any further thoughts would be grand.

thanks again Tracey

A

Comment

Hi Andy,

Try adding an extremely high weight in the shipping table for the amount that you want to ship the pack by (for example 50kg = £3.00 postage). Set the 'Excess' to 'Highest value in table'.

Then set the weight for the 'pack' to 50 kg. This will have an effect of adding the weight of the individual prices to the pack but as you have exceeded the weight set out in the shipping table will still take the highest value being the amount you set up for 50kg.

I hope this makes sense.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Yay

Hi again Tracey

Well i can report it works, which is fab, thank you v much. It does weird things when people select two packs for example (ie the post cost doesnt go up but i think i can get round that by following and changing the solution you suggested) so thats workable.

thanks v much again for your help.

Cheers

A

Comment

Working...
          X