• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which template do I need to amend?

Hi,

If you open the following page:

http://bridgingthegap2.co.uk/cgi-bin...i?ACTION=Start

all the formatting appears ok - with the exception of the norcascade menu - which I just need to check with norman
    However when I select the country and click next the formatting goes out of line and the middle panel is way too big I've already amended the primarycheckout but not sure if I've missed something or whether I'm amending the right one.

Thank you..
    Best Regards
    www.yourxocaistore.co.uk - for all your Healthy Chocolate Needs - yes I did say 'Healthy Chocolate'
    www.bridgingthegap2.co.uk - for a range of natural health and wellness products
    www.youraloestore.co.uk - for Forever Living's Aloe Vera Products

Linda,
    Viewing the HTML of the checkout page in question shows me a table (terms and conditions) with a width property of 600 - this needs to be set to 500.

Likewise there is an HR tag with a width attribute set to 600. Again, this needs to be changed to 500.

I cannot recall of the top of my head if these properties are located in an HTML template or within the "Design | text" area within version 7.

Changing to 500 will fix the issue though
    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Thanks very much for spotting that.

The problem I have now is which template do I amend for the T&C's? - I've searched the forum but I can't seem to find my answer.

Also you mentioned the HR tag being set to 600 - which template does this refer to?

Thanks for your help.
      Best Regards
      www.yourxocaistore.co.uk - for all your Healthy Chocolate Needs - yes I did say 'Healthy Chocolate'

Comment

Linda,

Most V7 templates, from memory, for these pages use a CUSTOMVAR in Actinic to specify width.
        It is shown as CUSTOMVAR:ACTSTDWIDTH in the templates.

Check in your Actinic in "DEsign | DEsign Options" within the "Site Defaults" tab and see if you can see this CUSTOMVAR there. The value column most likely has 600 in it. Change this there to 500 and update your site.
        Fergus Weir - teclan ltd

SellerDeck Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by fergusw View Post
          Linda,

Most V7 templates, from memory, for these pages use a CUSTOMVAR in Actinic to specify width.
          It is shown as CUSTOMVAR:ACTSTDWIDTH in the templates.

Check in your Actinic in "DEsign | DEsign Options" within the "Site Defaults" tab and see if you can see this CUSTOMVAR there. The value column most likely has 600 in it. Change this there to 500 and update your site.
          Thank you - having checked it was already set to 500 - so that can't be controlling it.

I'm stumped!
          Best Regards

Comment

It sounds like the CUSTOMVAR was overwritten/hardcoded into this template.

Have a look in

Act_Order01.html

for the offending 600px.

Also, in your basket page you have a row of CCard images with a width of 85%. This is stretching the image to wide and distorting it. Try it with no width or a width of 424px (it's actual size)

Also, your menu is slightly left on your main pages. In Firefox this is is resolved by changing the
            left: 218.5px;
            styling in the menu to
            left: 210px;
            Fergus Weir - teclan ltd

SellerDeck Hosting

Comment

Thank you - finally I've managed to do it - it was a couple of "600"'s hiding in the order 01 template.

What I've also noticed is the menu across the top is missing - although the netquotevar's are in the template - any ideas??
              Best Regards

Comment

Originally posted by aloebridge123 View Post

The problem I have now is which template do I amend for the T&C's? - I've searched the forum but I can't seem to find my answer.
                It should be the same template as a product page.... Advanced > Template Manager. Click on "Change View" and then you can see the structure of the templates - Main->Primary

Is checkout intentionally spelled Chekout on your site? :-)

HTH,

Heidi
                Last edited by Heidi; 08-May-2008, 07:13 PM. Reason: additional note
                --
                Heidi I. Jones
                Ridgerunner Consulting

Comment

What I've also noticed is the menu across the top is missing - although the netquotevar's are in the template - any ideas??
                  I'm afraid that v7 automatically strips out certain aspects when in checkout. The thinking behind it was that once a customer goes to checkout you want them to go through it and complete the order rather than clicking away to some other part of the site and then possibly not completing the order. You could hard-code the navigation bar in your checkout primary template (get it from your online site by viewing the source of a page that contains the navigation) or upgrade to the latest versions of the software that don't do this.
                  Tracey
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                  X