Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check list for clients

This may be an FAQ but I'll ask anyway.

Is there an electronic form that one could send to clients with all the setting that they need to supply to enable a shop to be set up. eg

Company name , vat number, t&C's postage rates.

I end up doing this piece meal as we find parts of the web site that need customising for the clients trading terms, and there is always a worry that something has been overlooked.

I would be very useful to be able to send the client a .RTF file that they can fill in and then this info could me cut & pasted into the shop config. I apprieciate that a direct import prob could not be done as there is a large variety of shops but if this caught most of the information that needed filling in it would be a great time saver.
    Mark Newton

This does not exist but it is a very good idea. I guess the reason we have never done it is that every type of business is different and requires different sorts of information. Something we produce would never meet the needs of all different types of business.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
      This does not exist but it is a very good idea. I guess the reason we have never done it is that every type of business is different and requires different sorts of information. Something we produce would never meet the needs of all different types of business.
      I agree that it would not meat all needs but if it was editable then the developer could change it as nessasary. It would serve as a good aid de memoir for the developer as well.

Much of the inforamtion is simular between sites, and a form like this would perhaps help to get 80% of the information in.
      Mark Newton

Comment

True enough - I'll discuss it with the guys here.

Comment

Working...
        X