Product Layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Layout

Hi there, i'm completely new to web-design and so will probably be pestering everyone with questions you can all answer.

Anyway, my first question is about the templates for product layout. I wish to alter the code to allow me to have the product description at the bottom for a product with the price and click to buy at the top. I managed to alter existing choices (the one with the image to the left) and got a reasonable result by copying and pasting with sheer guesswork.

However, i'm not sure how to use/where to save the code to make it a completely new option so that i can keep the old one as well.

Whilst i've got your attention - are there any examples of simple designs/code anywhere - i don't want to reinvent the wheel!!

Thanks

Hi Andrew
    However, i'm not sure how to use/where to save the code to make it a completely new option so that i can keep the old one as well.
    Once you've made the changes to the Product template, save it in the site directory with a different name (e.g. Act_ProductLineNew.html). You can then select this template for an individual product in Product Details on the General tab, or across the board for all products in Design Options | Layouts.
    are there any examples of simple designs/code anywhere
    Not that I'm aware of, but you've got the right idea just by moving the code around and previewing the result.

Ben
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

Working...
    X