Select Shipping Destination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Select Shipping Destination

On the Checkout page, I do not want the customer to have to make a choice for " COUNTRY", because i will only sell in united states.
    How can i make it so that the word country is either always showing USA, or delete it alltoghether?
    Thanks.

Hi Mac

This field gives the value for several calculations, so to remove the option and allow only one country, there are a number of settings you need to look at.

Firstly, in Business Settings | Shipping and Handling you should have only one shipping zone (with only United States in the properties) and select 'Do not allow shipping' for 'If shipping band not defined'.

Secondly, in Business Settings | Tax use either Simple Shipping or if using Advanced make sure that only one tax zone is used and with only United States in the tax zone members box.

Lastly, in Business Settings | Payment and Security if you have checked 'Limited by Location' you should only have United States as a valid location.

Ben
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

thanks, but doing what you mentioned still makes the buyer to select "United states or none of the above". I dont want to have the selection at all.

I dont want to give them a choice for choosing 'Country".

Either i want to have "united states shown automatically, or get rid of that Country selection process alltogther.

of course, I do not want to get rid off the "State or province" selection.

How do i achive that?

Comment

Got it. THANKS.

Comment

How did he get it to work?

I.e. Remove "None of the above" from the country list.

I followed all the steps in this thread but still get this as an option.

Thanks,
          Matt
          http://www.GloveWarehouse.com

Comment

I got it TOO!

I had unchecked Limited by Location, but only for the first payment method. I needed to uncheck them for ALL payment methods.

Makes sense.

Thanks,
            Matt
            http://www.GloveWarehouse.com

Comment

Working...
            X