Faster upload !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faster upload !

On my new AMD2400 + XP, my upload are so slooooow !
    They were so much faster on my old AMD1300 + Win98.
    Same network setup: Netgear RT314 + FS108 + Cobalt Qube2 + 3Com 100 cards.
    I have near 6000 items... Could it be it ?
    Any suggestions to accelerate ?
    My site: www.secondemain.ca
    Bernard Morin

You could try using 'Passive FTP'. This means that Actinic will not wait for a 'file received' response from the server before uploading the next file.

To do this in v4, it is a registry change...

1) Go to Start | Run in Windows and type 'Regedit'
    2) Navigate in the registry to 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Actinic\Catalog4\Sites\Site1' (or whichever site you are editing the properties of)
    3) Create a new string value within 'Site1' (or equivalent) called 'PassiveFTP'
    4) Set the value data of this new sting value to '1'

Hope that helps.

It will depend, of course, if your host supports Passive FTP. Probably worth checking that first.

Comment

I took a « capture » image of what I done !
      The « upload » is still slow !
      I will try to find or check my Qube2 FTP settings !
      Attached Files
      Bernard Morin

Comment

Well, there were no guarantees with that one - it was just something that might have worked (you have set it up correctly btw).

Is it all uploading that is slow or just uploading with Actinic? Which parts of the upload seem to take the longest?

Comment

When I use my regular FTP program to upload files to my film provider, it's really fast (I got a 3.0 DSL)...
          The problem seems to be the link between my computer (XP family) and my Qube2.
          Because you suggest it, I am know trying to figure out how to find the « passive command » on my Qube2. Cannot find the FTP permission or command file on my Qube...
          Maybe someone knows where it is or what is the name of the file.
          Thank you for responding !
          Bernard Morin

Comment

OUps !
            Once the files are checked on my pc, the upload of everything is slow: the « .fil », « .cat », etc...
            The program upload a group of files, set the permission, and upload another group...
            Bernard Morin

Comment

Working...
            X