problems after reinstalling win98!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problems after reinstalling win98!!!

I was having problems with my dial-up modem so got an ADSL connection. However, to do this i had to put on win98 again (long story!) it is ontop (somehow) of my exsiting version so no system files were deleted.

...so after, 2 weeks here in Spain i eventually managed to get an internect connection on my laptop.

Now though actinic is NOT WORKING!!!! it is still there, i havent reinstalled it. all my other programs work fine as well.

But when i click on my actinic link i see it loading and then it shuts down. Please help....

(someone said it may be due to some config file, is this correct?)
    any help much appreciated
    Business Plus V9.0.5
    Windows 7 Home Premium

Hi there

Please could you check your email. I have answered your question.

You will need to reinstall the software, as the registry entries are missing and they cannot be recreated, unless you reinstall.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

nearly worked perfectly...

Thanks i reinstalled my SW as suggested and then copied in my previous site1 content into the new one and everything was working fine.

The pasted content fitted in fine, i didnt even have to re-enter any network connections again (which is great as this was a mission to get set-up!) or anything!. Everything seemed to be as normal. I uploaded the site first as suggested before the download.

HOWEVER, when it came to downloading the orders. I had no credit card details in ANY of the orders. It said that each one had become corrupted and i should contact them individually, which i dont really want to do.

Strange thing is when i put an order through now it all works perfectly! What went wrong and more importantly can i still retrieve these details?

I use the Actinic SSL.
      ________
      HENRY FORD II SPECIFICATIONS
      Business Plus V9.0.5
      Windows 7 Home Premium

Comment

What went wrong is that until you did the upload, any credit card details entered at the site would have been encrypted with a different key than you have in your PC. Therefore you could not decrypt the details - and I'm afraid they are lost for good.

Now you have re-uploaded the site, the keys match and you will not get further problems.

Comment

Working...
        X