Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing out repeatedly

Hi
    Using V7, uploading to a new server. Network set up runs fine. But I get to the same point A0001242.cat and things start to go wrong, with timing out.

I've changed cgi script number and run again, I've even gone to troubleshooting | website purge and refresh, but still get the same issue at the same point. Wth some hundreds of pages to check and start uploading, this is not only time consuming but frustrating.

Is there any other way to upload?
    Any suggestions on how to get beyond the timing out? I've been doing this at intervals since early afternoon, so don't believe it's network traffic. With this as the only active site on the server, I can't believe it's a problem with server activity.

I have my fingers crossed that the magic community will know something to help resolve this. Over to you.

Regards
    Rich

In the network settings have you tried ticking / unticking the enhanced FTP option? You can also try incrementing the script ID by 1 and refreshing the site .. other than network traffic / server issues / firewalls they are often the commonest resolutions.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks for your prompt answer.

Yes, I started with enhanced FTP and have switched that off. I have incremented the script ID, working my way from 1 to 12! And I've tried refreshing as many times, as well as 1 purge and refresh.

Is there any way to use FTP to get the files loaded? My shop that has done me good service since 2000 is now offline.

Is there any way to test the server apart from running advanced | network setup?
      Rich

Comment

Is it significant that before timing out I get a message saying that the site can't be uploaded using FTP, giving the option to carry on with html, which I take; this then runs for a while, before timing out.

A few seconds after timing out, I get a bald error message "The parameter is incorrect" - no clue as to which parameter!
        Rich

Comment

I would consider moving back to the old server or another if possible. Whos server is it as not all work with actinic.

Comment

If you have enhanced FTP selected, go to 'FTP Options' and under 'Silent running' check the 'enabled' box, you can also increase the 'Maximum retries:' from 3 to 5 and the 'Retry Delay:' from 3000 to 5000, click on 'OK' and then try an upload again.

If that does not work, try getting your host to increase the timeout on scripts. If that too fails then would be best to do as Malcolm suggested in the post above.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King, Mole End Software Support
            Integrated label paper for Actinic A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels.
            One Stop Automation Automate Actinic. Mole End Automation works while you play.
            Mole End Product Mash for Actinic A suite of marketing feeds for your Actinic Store

Actinic Upgrade and Design Service

Comment

Working...
            X