X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

startup error and snapshot

Hi
    When starting up actinic I get the following error:

Panel 0 cannot be displayed. It is either missing from the skin definition file, or the definition is invalid.

This means that the navigator cannot be displayed.

Additionally the site snapshot options are greyed out therefor I cant take a snapshot.

I searched for an answer but all are related to the c: drive being full and this is not the problem here. Anyone help?

V6 business.

Cheers

Andrew

actually my snapshot greys out far too often as well

just to add a bit to this thread, i am actually a bit fed up of the site snapshot greying out on me...

i have tried many many things to pin this one down and for a while microsoft updates were looking the culprit...until it happened again today and i have no reason why, i certainly didnt get a windows update today....its quite frustrating...

ok, i know i run actinic 4,5,6 but this is a new problem and has been happening now to me all thoughout using v6..

i really have tried all things to re-enable the snapshots and even when i have deleted actinic, deleted any registry entries, deleted any sites and any trace whatsoever of actinic, have sometimes re-installed a clean actinic (including mdac) only to find i still have no snapshot capability.....

(running 6.1.3 developer and actually no version 4 or 5's on the machine at the moment, win xp)

steve quinn
    harlequin domains

Comment

Hi Steve

just to add a bit to this thread, i am actually a bit fed up of the site snapshot greying out on me...
      The reason why the snapshot is being greyed out, is because Actinic cannot find the snapshot.dll and Tszd.dll

Do you run Actinic via the shortcut on the desktop? It may be an idea to copy these two .dll files onto the desktop, if you have created your own shortcut for Actinic, or if you placed the shortcut to anywhere else.

Please try this

Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

fixed

Thats it. Thanks guys.

Comment

cheers nadeem

yep, thats me fixed too....thanks again

steve q

Comment

It may be an idea to copy these two .dll files onto the desktop, if you have created your own shortcut for Actinic
            I love you d00d!! For over a year I've been cursed by this! FInally I can merge my sales and catalog processing machines and upgrade to v6!!! *and the crowd goes wild*
            Cheers!
            Marci - <a href="http://www.Over-Clock.co.uk" target="_blank">www.Over-Clock.co.uk</a>

Comment

Working...
            X