Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting card payments to work

Hi all

I've long had a website created in Net Objects Fusion 9 but their e-commerce solution is not suitable to me so I used Actinic6.

I've solved all the problems and everything is working OK on a local level. I have not yet published a connection between the website and the e-commerce application as I want to do lots of testing and prove everything out before I make Africare look like a load of proper narners!!

All payment methods seem to work OK except for card payments. All I get is a blank box with a small Java logo in the top left. I do have the latest version of Java installed. I've unticked the SSL box in Business Settings / Payment and Security as this was causing a problem with the Network Setup.

I'm pretty lost now and seriously hope someone can help as Actinic don't support v6 anymore and I can't afford to upgrade until I get the e-commerce up and running and some money rolling in!

I'm running MS XP Pro SP2.

Any help will be graetly appreciated.

Regards

Jim the Roadrunner

Sorry Jim - I don't know where to begin.

I'm suprised someone is developing a "new" ecommerce site in V6! Or have you been developing this for the last 4 years?

Actinic do not support V6 for a very good reason - times and technologies move on. I understand the financial predicament you are in but you cannot take a 4 or 5 year old technology and expect it to work in todays card payment environment.

The site will, no doubt, work within the constraints that V6 used to work in.

However, card processing has moved on a-pace since V6. You haven't specified how you are processing card payments (or, indeed, any payments). From your post, I suspect card payments will be off-line i.e. card details entered onto website by customer and downloaded to your PC along with the order, then you manually process the card (please let me know if I'm wrong). If this is the case then it is no longer acceptable to the card processing industry. This thread - http://community.actinic.com/showthr...t=card+payment - will go a long way to explaining the issues. The Java security you mention will not really give your customers a level of confidence in your site even if you do get it to work. You may have the latest version of Java installed on your PC but that technology simply isn't acceptable for card payments anymore.

You've unticked the SSL box - did you have an SSL certificate in the first place?

What other payment methods do work on your site?

You also haven't mentioned who processes your card payments currently?

Have you thought about PayPal? An easy way of getting credit card payments (although I don't know if it was integrated with v6 - I started with v7).

Why mix technologies? Why not replicate all the pages created in Net Objects in Actinic brochure pages then you have a solution in one wrapper (maybe you have but it doesn't appear that way in your post).

A lot of unanwered questions - mostly with one answer, I'm afraid. It looks like you're trying to develop a new V6 site and you need to be developing in version 8 (or v9 if you can wait!). Sorry.

It's late (or early - depending on point of view) so I may have misunderstood.....
    Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
    SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
    Based in rural Northants

Comment

forget the java encryption - it simply does not work anymore for many reasons as a search of the forum will show. There are many v6 sites still up and running but payment options were limited in those days. I'm very surprised you have ended up with a copy tbh.

Comment

I am pretty sure paypal was added in to the last v6 patch so as long as you are using 6.1.5 you should be ok with it.

Comment

Don't have v6 installed but have the legacy program folders and the CommonOCC is showing:

PayPal
          ProtX
          SkyPay
          SecPay
          Streamline
          WorldPay
          Secure Trading

that is under v6.1.5 (I assume.... as the previous backup upgrade was v6.1.4.0.0.0.DNNA so looking likely)

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
          X