losing orders ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

losing orders ?

I appear to be losing orders, thought it was just me being paranoid but now have confirmation from a customer!

Installed catalog 6.1.3 DHBA all appears to be working fine but order numbers were not tallying , orders as follows :-

1) test order
    2) test order
    3) customer order
    4) customer order
    5) unknown
    6) unknown
    7) unknown
    8) customer order
    9) test order

Now @ 1st thought might just be people not completeing the process etc, so checked for .session files and couldn't find anything that tallied with the missing orders, then customer rings chasing his order (no 7).

I still have no idea what happened to 5 & 6 but believe that they may have gone astray too.

I received confirmations for all the orders except 5,6,7 - the customer received confirmation for 7 but I have nothing ???

confused I know I am, can anybody help ????

Regards

Paul.

Can you post a URL and we can place a test order
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

I have placed many a test order and cannot replicate the problem so far !

here is the url :

http://www.ukpoolstore.co.uk

It is very much a work in progress so you may come across a few little quirks.

Regards

Paul.

Comment

Placed an order and all seemed okay except when I clicked add it placed 2 of the same product in the basket.

I notice you are using the Java Applet behind SSL. You can stop using the applet as this is for non SSL sites.

The applet has caused problems in the past with Firewalls particularly Norton.
        Owner of a broken heart

Comment

order received ok - thanks for testing.

I have now turned off the java app - thanks for the pointer.

Do you know what sends the confirmation email to customer/us - perhaps I can get this to log activity and trace problem that way?

Regards

Paul.

Comment

Do you know what sends the confirmation email to customer/us - perhaps I can get this to log activity and trace problem that way?
            The email is sent by the Order Script (os000001.pl) contacting the SMTP server. You do have the option in 'Business Settings | Ordering' of CCing all order confirmation emails to yourself so you can use this to check up on any suspicious absences.

Actinic is pretty robust. We had about 100 orders an hour going though the BBC Proms website when they were using Actinic, and there were no losses.

Comment

Working...
            X