Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

404 on receipt page

Hi

This just started happening out of the blue. Everything's been running fine for ages...

Using Actinic 6.1.5

The Network settings (Advanced -> Network Setup) pass the Test, and I receive the confirmation email okay.

Adding items to the cart is okay, the Checkout works fine, the payment method works fine (using either of SecureHosting(EPDQ) or Paypal methods)...

However, when I or the customer clicks the "Click here to view your receipt" link on the payment provider page, it takes a while, then when it returns to our site we get our "404 not found" page instead of the receipt page.

This is distastrous, because the receipt contains download url's for ebooks.

The confirmation email also isn't being sent, so customers are not receiving their downloads whatsoever. Nightmare!

Is anyone familiar with this situation and maybe knows what file/script/setting could be responsible?

I've a feeling it could be something serverside with our web host (streamlinenet), and I've opened a support ticket with them - but no reply yet. I just wanted confirmation from someone here maybe whether or not it's an actinic config issue, or maybe even if you know for sure that it's definitely a serverside host issue (perl/php/cgi).

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

ps. the receipt link looks fine as well... same as it always has been

.../cgi-bin/os000001.pl?SEQUENCE=3&ACTION=Finish...

Comment

if customer emails aren't working and you've changed nothing then odds on its your host.

Have you looked at other posts with network settings for streamline to check your settings are the same, just in case they've changed something and using other settings work.

in v6 somewhere there is a place to set a URL for aborted checkout, make sure this is set - it may helpyou offer a tidier exit than the 404.

but i'd get the mail sorted first, the problem with the receipt page may resolve itself, especially as it used to work.

Comment

Hi pinbrook

Many thanks for your reply

I can't seem to find the relevant setting for specifying an aborted checkout url.

I agree with you that this is definitely a host problem.
        I've created a support ticket with streamline.net, but no joy yet :-(

I'll also search around to see if I can find any other streamline users and see what settings they're using.

The sooner I can resolve this worst nightmare scenario, the better.

Thanks again

Ed
        Silver Moon Books
        webmaster

Comment

design|design options in v8/v9, look for something like that.

Comment

Yeah, it's not there. Or if it is, then I honestly can't see it.

I guess the company really ought to upgrade to a newer version of Actinic...

Still no joy with streamline.net support either :-(

Comment

Hi,

I can get this error before going to checkout. I think the problem could be related to the server time being wrong and therefore the session files are expiring before customers have a chance to checkout or return from the PSP depending on how long they spend on your site. One thing to try to see if this is the problem is to go to 'Web | Configure Expiry Periods' and set it to something like 24hours and update your site. If that works then you should contact your host and get them to set the time on the server correctly.
              Tracey
              SellerDeck

Comment

Okay. Thanks TraceyG. I'm trying that right now.

I'll let you know how it goes...

Comment

Hi. Just to let you know that I got them to move the site on to a Linux server instead of a Windows one, and everything is now working properly again :-)

Comment

Working...
                  X