• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before I upgrade quetions

I intend to move to Business v6 after a couple of yrs on Catalog V4

Q1
    Can I print to a network printer.
    This option isn't in v4 and it is something I will need.

Q2
    Can the site catalogue be set up for both non account and registered account users to use simultaneously.
    In my experience customers prefer not to have to log in to a web site each time they want to buy.

Thanks in advnce

Tony
    Your one stop shop for spares.
    Washing Machine Spare Parts

I don't know whether you can connect to a network printer in V6 but would be suprised if it worked any differently to V4 becaue the dialog used to select printer properties is a standard windows dialog rather than an Actinic written one.

Registered users still have to log in to see 'their' view of the catalog, but the login screen is more discreet that it used to be in V4.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Surely if Actinic uses the standard windows dialog for the print option, why does only my default printer for LPT1 appear and not one option for a network printer. All other windows apps can use the network printer without a problem.
      The Actinic KB has a fix for correcting errors in the registery for the default printer only but that doesn't help in this instance.

Can I still allow non registered users to buy from our web site if it is set for account holder usage.
      My Catalog v4 does not have a facility for account login, this was never a feature of this version and I always classed this as a big plus for web users.

regards

tony

Comment

Account login is only available in the business version, so you would not have seen it in your current version.

I don't know why your network printer doesn't appear in the dialog, Actinic V6 (when it was released) used the MFC common control CPrinterDialog (which my apps also use).

[fx: goes away to try it here]
        I can access network printers in V4 and V6 so I don't know what is happening. I click on printer setup and the printer is listed in the dropdown printer selection list.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Jan your're right, the networkprinter is there.
          What I found was, you must set your network printer as default under 'windows printers' and then choose that printer under Actinic 'File Printer Setup' otherwise this option has no effect.
          Having said that, the 'print setup' that appears when you choose to print an order definitely doesn't work. I think this is were the bug is in the prog.
          Not sure if the fault is worthy of a better explanation coz I intend to move to v6 but thanks for your input.

I checked out your web site, so I'm sure we'll speak again.

TTFN

regards

Tony

Comment

Working...
          X