Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tick this box to get a discount

ok, is there anyway of doing this...

add a tickbox to the checkout on the 'country' page, or the 1st address page (or even better - the basket page), that when ticked will apply a discount to the basket total?

Or will I just have to try and convince people to use a coupon?
    John

Hi,

I've just tried the following and it seems to work ok:

- go to 'Advanced | Template Manager | Ordering tab' (click 'Change View' if you do not see the tabs)
    - click on the 'Order Phase 1' button to edit the 'Act_Order01.html' template
    - search for 'coupon' and you will be taken to the beginning of the coupon entry code
    - a few lines down from there you should see:

Code:
    <input type="TEXT" name="COUPONCODE" size="20" maxlength="255" value="NETQUOTEVAR:COUPONCODE">
    - change the 'type' to 'CHECKBOX' and the 'value' to the actual coupon code you have entered into the Discount and Surcharges Settings' window for this particular discount, so it will look something like:

Code:
    <input type="CHECKBOX" name="COUPONCODE" size="20" maxlength="255" value="test">
    - save and close the file
    - update your site
    - when they tick the box (on the invoice address page) and click 'Next' the discount will be applied
    - you can do the same on the 'view basket' page by editing 'Act_ShoppingCart.html ('Cart' button in 'Ordering tab') but the customer will have to click 'Update' to see the discount applied.

You may also want to take a backup of the templates before making the changes to them (found in your site folder).
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

I still want to retain the coupon box for other coupons - will it still work if I add the extra line rather than replacing the existing one?
      John

Comment

It doesn't look like it will work with the coupon code field there too I'm afraid. It has to be either or.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X