TAX exempt on items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TAX exempt on items

Hi, could someone help me please? Im trying to make a range of products exempt from the application of tax to the final charge.

I did deduct the percentage from the total price as a discount but I think this looks confusing to customers as it still is listed as adding on tax at the checkout. Furthermore the percentage taken off as a discount is always a little bit less than what the tax appears to be.

Is there some way to just make these products exempt from the application of tax?

Thank you

Have a look on the tabs where you insert your product details, you will find one containing a drop down list where you specifically select whether the product is to be taxed or not.

Comment

Thank you

Thank you, I thought it was going to be a lot more complicated than that!

I have made the products exempt but there is still a small charge for the tax and Im not sure why!

Comment

is it a tax on your shipping cost?
        If you're selling taxable and non-taxable goods, you should probably use a 'pro-rate' rate of tax for your shipping.
        This allocates VAT charges dependant on the level of vat charged to cart items..so standard tax items only would charge full tax on shipping..exempt items only would charge no vat on shipping and a mixed cart would charge a pro-rata amount.
        Tracey

Comment

Working...
        X