Sales reports won't display or print

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sales reports won't display or print

My sales reports have stopped working all of a sudden.

When you go to print or preview any of the reports on the sales tab, the hourglass displays for a moment or two, then reverts back to the regular cursor, but no report!

Reports on the other tabs still work, and I have checked that the SalesAnalysis.rpt still exists in the Site1 directory.
    In fact clicking SalesAnalysis.rpt directly in the Site1 directory, opens the report in Crystal Reports, and displays the data correctly.
    I'm just not able to run it from the reports tab.

Any ideas?

Hi Martin

Is your printer still online, normally you get an error message, but you never know. I have found actinic does some odd stuff especially with network printers

D

Comment

Hi Darren

Its just the sales reports - all other reports (invoices, etc) print out fine (all reports go to the same networked printer).

Its odd - it seems to want to generate the report, as I get an hourglass, but then it completes, and we return to the cursor, and nothing else happens.

The report isn't corrupted, as I can run it directly from outside the Actinic program, by double clicking it in the Site 1 directory.

I'm stumped.

Further development.

I can't open the printer setup dialog from the sale tab either.
      I can open it from OrderProcessing tab, but not from the sales tab!
      It also won't allow me to open Printer SetUp from the File menu.

Conclusion so far - something in my printer settings has been corrupted.
      Is there one config settings file that controls this which I can replace from a backup?
      I don't won't to reinstall a snapshot and overwrite exiting live data unless I have to.

Comment

Further information:

I have tried deleting the Default printer settings from the registry, but that dosen't solve the issue.

Further delving into the registry does reveal that the key

Site 1 | Printer Settings | Sales Analysis

is set to an invalid printer (no longer on the network).

Can I safely delete this key (the specific Sales Analysis one), as I did the default one, or is this more tricky?

Comment

can you not just select the new printer from actinic?

i am happy to mess with the registry but it is not something i would recommend

Comment

can you not just select the new printer from actinic?
            No, thats the problem - the printer setup button isn't responding on the sales tab, nor when accessed from the File menu.

I have bitten the bullet and edited the registry directly, and that seems to have solved the problem.

The specific key for the sales report was showing a printer that no longer exists on the networks (gawd knows why, as that printer hasn't been connected for weeks, yet we've been happily printing sales reports since!).

Anyhow, edited the key, replacing old printer settings with new, and we are back to normal.

Thanks for the suggestions

Comment

glad its sorted, i know i had similar issues before

******** TIP FOR ACTINIC USERS ********

CHANGE PRINTER SETTINGS BEFORE PRINTERS

Comment

Working...
              X