QUERY too complex error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QUERY too complex error

when i try to add a large number of products to Actinic 7, I get the error Query too comlex. SEE ATTACHED.
    I think this might be access related problem, as it might not be able to accept a large number of products!!! Does access have limitations on number of products?
    Can the settings be changed to unlimitted so that I dont get tis error?
    Attached Files

I don't think this is related to the number of products in Actinic.

Are the products linked to an external database as mentioned?
    How many products are you trying to import into one section?

Try and import just a few products at a time to see if you can relate the error to a particular action or product.

Comment

"I don't think this is related to the number of products in Actinic."

It has to be related to the number of products. Because when I take the same products and sections in an Actinic without any products in it(CLEAN), I do not get any errors.

"Are the products linked to an external database as mentioned?"
      No, they are in access. Actinic puts them there.

How many products are you trying to import into one section?
      each product has its own section.
      I have around 30000 products.
      is there a limit?
      THANKS in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by mac View Post
        each product has its own section.
        I have around 30000 products.
        is there a limit?
        I think you'll find that V7 guidelines state up to 10k! (although I believe it has recently been clarified that V8/9 can handle 20k)
        people have used more but, as a single product page set up?
        I dunno if you'll get it working, tbh
        It's going to crawl, if it even works at all (which, clearly, it isn't doing)
        Tracey

Comment

Although v7 is nor intended for that many products I'm still not convinced that it has a configured limit - just a limit on usability. I expect it to be far too slow to use with that many products.

As I said earlier you can try importing fewer products at once and see whern it starts to fail. Have you compatcted the database?

That asside if you are looking at 30000+ products then I would suggest you contact Actinic about the Enterprise version.

Comment

The real size can be anything up to 2GB in the MDB, but obviously that would have to fit all the other non-product related data too. The 10k and 20k is just a guideline as anything over that can seriously stretch Access (though I've sucessfully implimented an Access DB that was 1.8GB in size - eek!).

Query too complex can be for a whole host of reasons, and without actually seeing the import query its pretty much impossible to tell where the problem is. It could be anything from too many "ANDs" (max 40), too many open tables (though unlikely), number of indexes etc.

However, as mentioned I would start with say 5K records and import them. If it works it is likely that some of the information in your data (maybe description etc) is just too big to do in one import.

It could even be that just one record you are importing is too big (2048 if I remember correctly though may be wrong).

You can do it in batches then if it works.

Take a look at: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/103429 though if you are just importing directly from Actinic this may not be helpful.

Good luck!

Kev
            KDM Digital Media - Actinic web design and hosting

Comment

Working...
            X