Missing .fil files and broken links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing .fil files and broken links

The search facility and certain links on my website don't work and create the following page errors;

Error: Error opening the index "../public_html/acatalog/oldprod.fil". No such file or directory. The web site is probably being updated. Please wait a few minutes and try again. If the problem persists, contact us.

I get similar page errors referring to the oldtext.fil too.

I can upload to the site fine and orders can be successfully downloaded.

I have FTP'd to the site and cannot see any trace of the oldtext and oldprod.fil files.

Does anyone know why these errors are happening but that I have a site that can still take orders? How do I get rid of these page errors please?

nb. Hotchilli have moved the site to a new server so is it possible they have not transferred it or set permissions correctly (again)?

Thanks

Increasing the script ID under the network settings is a good starter for 10 then purge and refresh the site. Swapping servers is never straightforward no matter what the hosts will have you believe

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks Jont

I have put the script ID up to 3. On the Purge & Refresh, should I tick both options to delete Perl files plus cat & fil files?

Comment

dont delete perl files yet, as this will overwrite any mods you have done to the scripts. try it without it should be good

Comment

Fantastic, this seems to have worked okay.

Even though there have been no changes to the site, do I need to send my customer another snapshot as they download the orders?

Thanks

Comment

Getting them to change just the ID may work but probably safest to snapshot ... you just never know with Actinic!

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
            X