Mailer authentication - When ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mailer authentication - When ?

The failure of Actinic to support SMTP authentication when sending customer emails is a continuing feature on these boards and a pain for users as the only workaround is messing about in the perl files after each and every upgrade.

There may be a definitive answer from actinic on this but I haven't seen one. When can we expect Actinic to support SMTP authentication when sending customer emails?

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

In fact, thinking about this, Actinic doesn't even have to support SMTP authentication, just fix their mailing code.

In all the cases I'm aware of the order received emails all work OK, but the 'order shipped' type emails from the PC don't. However, as they're FTP'd to the server and then sent from there, there is no reason why Actinic shouldn't be able to just send them out using the same routine as it uses for the initial order emails.

Perhaps someone in Actinic could explain why they do the two email types using different mailer code and what the difference is. maybe then we could fix it.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Mike

SMTP authentication will be introduced in the forthcoming version 7 of Actinic. As yet there is no date on when v7 will appear I'm afraid.

As for your second question, i have asked the developers this question and will post an answer for you

Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

shipped e-mails?

Does actinic send the 'shipped' e-mails automatically?

I wasn't aware it did that and I have been sending 'shipped e-mails' manually using outlook - I hope my customers aren't getting two different e-mails or I'm going to look pretty stupid...
        John

Comment

Hi John

Actinic doesn't send the 'shipped emails' automatically, but you can send them by double-clicking on an order (that is shipped), and click the Mail button on the Line Items tab. You could place a dummy order and process it with the various mail templates to check how they appear.

Ben
          Ben Popplestone
          Ecommerce website software

Comment

phew, that's ok then...

John

Comment

Hi Mike,

Just got something back from the developers

Originally posted by olderscot
              In all the cases I'm aware of the order received emails all work OK, but the 'order shipped' type emails from the PC don't. However, as they're FTP'd to the server and then sent from there, there is no reason why Actinic shouldn't be able to just send them out using the same routine as it uses for the initial order emails.
              We send the email to the server (HTTP POST not FTP) and then send it using the scripts on the server. The same subroutine is used to make the connection to the SMTP server for all email.

They also added:
              In case there is an inconsistency between the desktop and the server, check that the SMTP sever address in Network Settings is correct and matches the variable $::g_sSmtpServer in sub init of ms000001.pl and $::g_sSmtpServer near the top of os000001.pl. Also check that the email address in View | Business Settings | Company/Contact matches the email address in nqset00.fil on the server.

So long as the above are correct then all emails will work or all emails will fail.

Kind Regards
              Nadeem Rasool
              SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
              X