Act_Header.html what does it do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Act_Header.html what does it do?

I am trying to fathom out what template does what in Actinic 6.

To do this I am editing the template to add "XXX" then uploading the site to a local server and using MS search facility to find all files *.html containing the text "XXX", hence gaining an understanding of their use.

When I edit Act_Header.html to add a summary attribute to each table with a value "XXX". If I then upload the site to my local server and do a search for all html files containing "XXX" the result is no files.

This leads me to believe the template "Act_Header.html" is not being used to create any final pages.

Can anyone please confirm what this template does?

why don't you use the template manager, on the advanced menu.

it gives a visual layout of a typical page and you can then click on each part of the part to edit the relevant template, this then matches layout with template.

Or read the advanced user guide, downloadable from the actinic site.

Act_header displays the corporate logo as defined in design options, shop defaults. it also displays the header text (from the same dialog box, and a few separator bars

Comment

Jo

That is exactly how I started and also why I am confused.

The only reference to Act_Header.html in the Advanced user guide V6 appears of P15 and states:

"Controls the layout of the top and bottom of every page. Use these templates to alter aspects of the corporate logo, headers and footers and the navigation bars."

This implies to me that the code used in Act_Header.html will be incorporated into all "final" HTML pages created by Actinic.

Now consider this:

A snippet of the standard Act_Header.html code reveals the following:

NETQUOTEVAR:SEPARATORBAR

<TABLE BORDER=0 CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 WIDTH="CUSTOMVAR:ACTSTDWIDTH" ALIGN="CENTER">
      <TR>
      NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERGUIDE
      </TR>
      </TABLE>

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
      <tr>
      <td align="center"><span class="actxsmall"> NETQUOTEVAR:CARTCOOKIEITEMS
      <script language="JavaScript">document.write(getCartItem(3));</script>, NETQUOTEVAR:CARTCOOKIEVALUE <script language="JavaScript">document.write(getCartItem(1));</script>
      </span> </td>
      <td>NETQUOTEVAR:SIMPLESEARCH</td>
      </tr>
      </table>

Now if I modify this code to add a summary attribute to each of the tables. I would expect the summary attribute to appear in the final pages. Modification shown below:

<TABLE BORDER=0 CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 WIDTH="CUSTOMVAR:ACTSTDWIDTH" ALIGN="CENTER" summary="XXX">
      <TR>
      NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERGUIDE
      </TR>
      </TABLE>

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" summary="XXX">
      <tr>
      <td align="center"><span class="actxsmall"> NETQUOTEVAR:CARTCOOKIEITEMS
      <script language="JavaScript">document.write(getCartItem(3));</script>, NETQUOTEVAR:CARTCOOKIEVALUE <script language="JavaScript">document.write(getCartItem(1));</script>
      </span> </td>
      <td>NETQUOTEVAR:SIMPLESEARCH</td>
      </tr>
      </table>

The problem I have is: After uploading the site if I check the HTML code in all the pages created by Actinic and do a find summary="XXX" none of the pages contain the characters summary="XXX" .

This leads me the beleive either:

a) this template is not being used by Actinic

or

b) there is some reason I am unaware of why the summary attribute I have added is not being used.

I like to understand whats actually happening so that when I make changes to templates I can be aware of the full implications. But right now I am confused.

Comment

Some themes don't make use of all the sub-templates in their Act_Primary.html. You may be using a theme where all the header stuff (the bits that appear within Act_Header) is directly placed in Act_Primary and the Act_Header template is unused and commented out.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman

That makes some sense since my Act_Primary.html and Act_BrochurePrimary.html both appear to call thinks like NETQUOTEVAR:LOGOIMAGE.

Also good news, it means one less template for me to worry about!

Comment

Working...
          X