Digital Download Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital Download Problems

I have been successfully running an Actinic shop selling MP3 downloads for a couple of years now but recently we have upgraded our dedicated server and transfered the site over.

This has worked fine except that now our digital download files don't complete downloading, we only ever get 1/2 to 2/3rds of each of the download files before the download stops.

I have tried directly accessing the files through my browser to test the server and they work fine, we get the full download but not from the Actinic generated link.

Has anybody got any ideas?

Thanks.

Your server is either miscalculating the length of the file (rare) or your local broadband is dropping the connection.

You might suggest that people use download managers?

Comment

Thanks Gabrielcrowe for your help but I don't think my problem is to do with file length, the downloads always dropout after about 5 minuets regardless of the download speed.

This shop has been tested from 8 different locations worldwide utilizing a variety of connections from dial up to 10 meg with the exact same result, the downloader gets as much as the file as can be downloaded in 5 minutes. This only occurs with the Actinic orders downloaded through the Actinic scripts. If we point our browsers directly at the digital file they always download successfully so I think it's unlikely to be related to our local connections dropping out.

Because Actinic feeds the downloads out in chunks rather than a continuous stream I have been unable to find a download manager that works with Actinic DDs.

I think there must be a variable in one of the perl scripts that sets a timeout on digital downloads I just can't see where it is.

Comment

Working...
      X