No announcement yet.

Site review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and as far as colour change goes - if I were doing it I'd be using PSP and would simply be taking the old graphic and adjusting the colour using the hue/saturation/lightness function. Nice and quick and it would retain the setting on HSL that I used on one graphic so I could change the colour on other graphics with the same original colour without having to fiddle with the settings again.

Comment

> big boring
      Sorry about that it should have said a bit boring.

I like the blue scheme best, sorry (I am in your target group BYW - just). In Actinic you can change the colours very easily in design colours, you can then do a site preview to see the results.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

The 1st design is the best one, I like the orange. I'm with elfinp on this, orange, I think the orange reflects the right tone, the blue in my opinion doesn't work. Blue is quitea teccie/corporate colour hence alot of computer sites use blues

but I would loose the light blue nav buttons, maybe replace them with black text links?

BTW I've looked at visitors stats for a cross section of sites on our servers (all successfull siteswith good SE listings and daily sales) they average from 48% to 68% of visits being less than 30 seconds.

Typical conversion rates (I think) are 2 to 4%

Comment

my conversion rate is about 1% at the moment, which is pants.

Can anyone suggest a tool for creating buttons - pref. free and easy to use...?
          John

Comment

The 1st design is the best one, I like the orange. I'm with elfinp on this, orange, I think the orange reflects the right tone
            ok the new and hopefully improved (and orange) site is now up and mostly running.

big improvement?
            John

Comment

Looks great!

Couple of minor things. Firstly it has a horizontal scrollbar in 800*600 - irritating to those of us with neolithic monitors.

Secondly, I clicked on a section, went to look, went to go back to the home page - clicked on your logo - not a link. Its not something I would have noticed or even thought about but I've just realised that I automatically click on logos to go back to home pages.

Overall very very shiny though

Comment

Firstly it has a horizontal scrollbar in 800*600 - irritating to those of us with neolithic monitors
                yes I noticed that, as I did test it at that resolution to see if it still worked...

see the thread "aagghh - these stupid templates are driving me nutty!". it's that stupid bar that I can't find...oh look, someones replied - maybe fixed shortly then...
                clicked on your logo - not a link
                didn't think of that, I'll add it to the list...
                John

Comment

Working...
                X