Moving my shop onto a new computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving my shop onto a new computer

Hi all, OK Ive been using actinic v7 for a couple of years and just recently got a new computer, Im trying to transfer my website onto the new computer and managed to install the program but im finding it difficult to move the website over. I transfered the folder across into the "sites" folder but actinic just ignores it and starts up with the example site. How do I get actinic to identify and update with my website?
    I hope someone can help Im no computer expert but I have enough experience to get by,
    many thanks,

Drennen

Why don't you just Import you last Snapshot onto your new Computer?

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Snapshot alone should do it, but if (like me) you have non-actinic files in the site folder (ie from a larger website, only part of which is an Actinic shop) then you can license a new site in Actinic, call it the same as on the previous PC, then copy all the old files into the resulting site folder, then import the snapshot. This seems like a belt and braces approach but it seems to work.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

OK tried to import the snapshot but comes up with "ActRegistryBackup.reg was not found" what am I missing?

Comment

Are you using excatly the same version of V7 on the new PC?

Comment

Yeh I think its v7.0.6 but its the same one as the original site, it seems as though its looking for ActRegistryBackup.reg in the site backups folder but there isnt one there, it could be theres a backup of some type which I havnt performed which would create that file but I dont know what that might be?

Comment

A copy of ActRegistryBackup.reg might be in a .zip file:

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...stryBackup.reg

Comment

Ive looked everywhere and I cant find a .zip file with "ActRegistryBackup.reg"
                in it. Indeed I cannot find an "ActRegistryBackup.reg" file anywhere and actinic refuses to import snapshot without it?

Comment

Hi,

I would suggest that you uninstall v7 from the new pc and re-install it. Then take a new snapshot from the old pc, transfer it to the new pc and try importing it again.
                  Tracey
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Ok tried reinstalling actinic but there still isnt an ActRegistryBackup.reg file in the backup folder. Just wondering would anyone be able to email me the file and I could just introduce it into the backup folder to see if that would work?

Comment

Did you try importing a new snapshot? That registry file should not exist on it's own in the SiteBackups folder. It will only be a part of a snapshot or the 'OverwrittenSite.zip' file.
                      Tracey
                      SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by Drennen View Post
                        OK tried to import the snapshot but comes up with "ActRegistryBackup.reg was not found" what am I missing?
                        Not meaning to state the obvious but you did EXPORT a snapshot from your original installation, didn't you?
                        Tracey

Comment

I think you need to start all over again.

Uninstall Actinic from your new machine and then delete the Actinic v7 folder and it's contents.
                          Reinstall Actinic v7 on the new computer. Check that you have exaclty the same version installed on both machines.
                          Create a snapshot on your old computer.
                          Import that snapshot into Actinic on the new computer.

As mentioned ActRegistryBackup.reg only exists in the OverwrittenSIte.zip file which has nothing to do with this.

Comment

Ive tried deleting actinic from the new machine, then installing it again.

I then tried to import the .acd file (which was the site snapshot from the origional computer) but when I do this I get an error message stating "cannot find ActRegistryBackup.reg"

I dont have an 'OverwrittenSite.zip' file. the only file in the SiteBackup folder is the "mywebsite.acd" snapshot file which I put there, but actinic seems to need this "ActRegistryBackup.reg" file before it will import my website.

both copies of actinic are the same.

if "ActRegistryBackup.reg" is in an 'OverwrittenSite.zip' file then how can I create an overwritten site .zip file?

just trying to satisfy the conditions which actinic seems to want to import a site snapshot

Comment

Originally posted by Drennen View Post
                              Ive tried deleting actinic from the new machine, then installing it again.
                              Deleted, or uninstalled?

Once uninstalled, remove all remaining file references, and also go into the registry and remove all actinic keys.

If this doesn't work, re-read Mark's post #3.
                              Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Working...
                              X