This is strange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is strange

We have been using another well know shopping cart, but we want to go back to Actinic, but I have a strange problem.
    I have looked at every thing but can't make any sense out of it. If you add something to the shopping cart, then when it bounces back to the page it misses out the www in front of the web address, so that it shows nothing in the cart, however if you manually put the www back in it shows the you have 1 item in the shopping cart. Also if you go to the catergories and select, it also misses the www. Can any one shed some light on the matter. Have a look for yourself, www.wightcomputers.co.uk/acatalog, add an item and then see that you have nothing in the cart....
    Jon Harvey
    Technical Director
    Wight Computers Ltd
    Hardware - Software - Printer Inks - CD & DVD Media - Memory Cards - Cases & Storage - Cables - Card Readers
    www.wightcomputers.co.uk

Perhaps check in your network settings that all your references are with www.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, done that, every thing is fine in the network setup.
      Jon Harvey
      Technical Director
      Wight Computers Ltd
      Hardware - Software - Printer Inks - CD & DVD Media - Memory Cards - Cases & Storage - Cables - Card Readers
      www.wightcomputers.co.uk

Comment

There's a function within Google | Webmaster Tools that allows you to edit how your URL is displayed. Have you changed how your association is set?

I'm not sure how, or even if, this is where your problem lies , but it may be worth checking!

Army Gore-tex
        Winter Climbing Mitts
        webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
        Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

I have never edited any thing within Google, I have had a look and checked the site and google says every thing is ok.
          Jon Harvey
          Technical Director
          Wight Computers Ltd
          www.wightcomputers.co.uk

Comment

all seems fine to me, i've taken an item to the basket and paid, i danced around the site on my way, all urls are prefixed www

Comment

could be a cookie or cache thing, clear your browser history, are you using FF?

Comment

I have just tried it on a brand new computer that has never been on the Internet. When I typed www.wightcomputers.co.uk/acatalog it showed the page but without the www in front of wightcomputers.co.uk/acatalog.....
                Jo from Pinbrook says that she has just tried it and it is working ok, could someone else go to www.wightcomputers.co.uk/acatalog and check it out aswel, many thanks in advance. Jon
                Jon Harvey
                Technical Director
                Wight Computers Ltd
                www.wightcomputers.co.uk

Comment

It has to be www.wightcomputers.co.uk/acatalog and not just www.wightcomputers.co.uk as we have not yet moved our site from another shopping cart back to Actinic. Cheers.
                  Jon Harvey
                  Technical Director
                  Wight Computers Ltd
                  www.wightcomputers.co.uk

Comment

If I click www.wightcomputers.co.uk/acatalog I end up being redirected to http://wightcomputers.co.uk/acatalog/

So this isn't an Actinic setting problem but something in your server setup.
                    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

the problem could be usage of the url http://www.domain.co.uk/acatalog/ without index.html

test again making sure you start from

http://www.domain.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

Comment

is this a linux/unix server if so the easiest would be through htacess forcing non www. to www.

but as Jo said it is the missing index.html from the url

Comment

ok, this makes sense now, just one small thing, being a bit of a novice where do i put the index.html does it go in the network setting....???
                          Jon Harvey
                          Technical Director
                          Wight Computers Ltd
                          www.wightcomputers.co.uk

Comment

I could be way off here, but when you first uploaded your Actinic Site you would have been asked if you wanted to use your home page as the "index.html" (or something along those lines). I suspect you said no, as you are running an existing site on this domain.

However, if you enter http://www.wightcomputers.co.uk/acatalog/index.html you get you actinic home page, including "www." and continue to do so if you navigate to any page within the site, except for the links beneath you "Department" Heading.

I wonder if this will be resolved once you replace your current site???

Waiting to be corrected,

Rich

P.S. It may be worth contacting your hosts, to see if they can shed some light!

Army Gore-tex
                            Winter Climbing Mitts
                            webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
                            Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

ok, this makes sense now, just one small thing, being a bit of a novice where do i put the index.html does it go in the network setting....???
                              You don't.

You just need to remember not to use the url with only acatalog

ie

GOOD www.yourdomain.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

BAD www.yourdomain.co.uk/acatalog

Comment

Working...
                              X