Default product sorting in V7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default product sorting in V7

I've seen that Norman has an upgrade for product sort that works with v8 & 9. However I'm using v7. While I'm waiting for an answer as to whether this will work with v7 I would like to know:

How do you get the products to sort automatically by price or by name as a default and without giving the customer the option to control?

At the moment my products are just in the order that they where downloaded from the csv file. Having just over 7500 products it isn't possible for me to sort the CSV file before it's imported.

I did have a look in the threads but couldn't see anything here neither in the manuals.

Jan ( www.mole-end.biz ) has a sorting tool that can re-order your backoffice database. It won't let you resequence the live site in different ways on demand.

As for my V8 / V9 sorted products. It would be a huge rewrite for me to do this for V7. So it would probably be a lot more cost effective to upgarde to V9 and use the standard patch.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman, I'll take a look.

I will look at upgrading once I see if this site I'm creating will generate enough commission to justify the upgrade. I had my developer copy of v7 on the shelf collecting dust after I bought it in 2004 and then found it wasn't capable of doing what I was told it was. I say commission because the site itself won't sell anything directly, I'm 'trying' to create an affiliate site.

So this is a bit of a little wait and see project

Comment

Hi, Chris

I had a look at re-doing my sort patch for V7 and it will be possible with less effort than I thought. Contact me if you'd like to try it.

Comment

Hi Norman, yes I wouldn[t mind giving it a go, simlar terms as v8 & 9?

Comment

Chris

Email me please.

Comment

Working...
            X