Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MISC Order Page

Hi,

I can't figure this out and home its been done before.

I want a page that only I can see on my website, where if I don't have the product on my site and a customer wants it, I can add it manually to the basket. e.g.

Page has 3 text boxes: Product Ref, Description and Price.
    Page has a Buy button.

when you press the buy button the Ref, description and price are sent to the basket and the person can buy the product.

Don't know if this can be done, but if it can it will be the ultimate HERO page.

Is there a script i can use or what variables can be populated to e used with the basket page????

Please help.....

Hi Pieter,

Am I correct in thinking that you want to be able to add a product to your customer's basket? If so, I can't see how this can be done.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

I just want a product to be added to the basket, without it being on the website.

Comment

All products need to be available on the server to be added to cart. You can't add to cart without the product being uploaded. You also can't add to someone else's cart as this is dependant on the session on the server and cookie on the local computer.

You only choice would be to create a product and then upload it or ammend the received order - either way the product must exist in Actinic.

Comment

"You only choice would be to create a product and then upload"

We used to do this, and it's fairly quick - just have a product ready all the time in Actinic which is usually "hidden on website". Get a request from customer, amend price, description and Reference in Actinic, unhide, upload, purchase using customer's details, hide again in Actinic, upload.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Excuse my ignorance but in what situation are you using this and why?

A very Intrigued Rich...

Army Gore-tex
            Winter Climbing Mitts
            webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
            Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

For our part, we stock perhaps 1/3 of any particular manufacturer's whole range, but we are well known as retailers for that manufacturer, so customers often come to us for something we haven't got in stock (and therefore not in Actinic). We order the item(s) specially and USED TO (edited) put the order through Actinic as above.

Comment

could you not just add these onto the orders offline, Mark, keeping them as hidden products?
                Tracey

Comment

Aaahhh...

Do you leave the product on, once it's been created, and allow future customers to by on back order (If it's not something that you want/need to stock)?

Army Gore-tex
                  Winter Climbing Mitts
                  webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
                  Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Of course Mark might be using V6 or earlier where there is no offline ordering.

Mike
                    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Tracey - my last post was slightly misleading - as I said originally we used to do this (whereas my last post suggested that we still do, in fact we now deal with these orders outside of Actinic). I think what you are suggesting would be the way to go with V7 now, but I seem to remember that in earlier versions this wasn't an option?

Comment

Thanks Mike - you beat me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
                          Of course Mark might be using V6 or earlier where there is no offline ordering.

Mike
                          aye, true

sheesh...we've come a long way, eh? (insert sarcastic tone, if desired )
                          LOL
                          Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by DenbighArmySurp View Post
                            Aaahhh...

Do you leave the product on, once it's been created, and allow future customers to by on back order (If it's not something that you want/need to stock)?
                            We don't, because we chose the products we wanted to stock because we thought they would be the most popular and we wouldn't want lots of back order items on the site, since we want the current site to be "immediate delivery".

Comment

Working...
                            X