problems uploading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problems uploading

This is a strange one...........I keep getting an error message saying that I can't upload the files because each filename must be unique and that I have to rename the files to continue.

Having renamed the files (and even deleted the item!!!) I continue to get the error message and can't get any further.

Has anyone come accross this before???

Any help much appreciated as now it is at tearing hair out stage!!!

Thanks in advance

I had the same - it happens when you copy sections so you end up with 2 different files called copy_of_xyz.html. The way to get around it is to make sure that when you copy things for speed you only ever copy one file once - the second time copy the copy, not the original. Does make for some interesting final filenames like copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_xyz!

Steph

Comment

Thanks for the reply

I havent actually copied any sections, I've just entered item after item creating different sections as I went along.

I've removed the item that the file belongs to and deleted the file in the directory but I am still getting the error message for a non-existant file!

How did you resolve your problem

Thanks

Comment

P.S.

The file in question is an image file for a product rather than an html file as you detail in your post....

Ken

Comment

I went back and redid my copied sections again, making sure I only copied things once... which was a pain coz they way I have it set up, every product in one of my two main sections has its own section (its neccessary for stock level monitoring for my products). But if you haven't copied and pasted products or sections then I'm at a loss. Possibly youve created files with the same name (a graphic perhaps) in 2 different directories its trying to use both in different places?

Comment

One of your graphics doesn't have the name of an Actinic graphic does it?

Comment

The file in question doesn't have a filename that even resembles any of the actinic filenames!!

Also bear in mind I've deleted the item in question from the whole site and deleted the file on my PC!!!!!!!

Neither exist anywhere and I still get the error!!!!

Comment

try this

in actinic go to Advanced>Additional Files> and see if the offending filenames are in actinics list of additional files to upload..

best,

steve q
                harlequin domains
                www.harlequindomains.com
                0800 0832077
                Actinic Design, Hosting and Search Engine Optimisation

Comment

I'm beginning to think this is an unsolvable problem!

There is nothing listed in Advanced>Additional Files and I've just uninstalled Actinic from my system, deleted the directory (having saved the site1 stuff first), re-booted and re-installed Actinic in the vain hope it would solve the problem.........guess what??

The product still doesn't exist
                  The file still doesn't exist

I still get the error message and it won't upload!!!!!

HELP!!!!

Comment

when you say deleted

have you actually purged the catalog of the product/image in question..

if you have deleted, but not purged items (i.e. they are still there but just with a red x through them ) then even though you are not uploading the products, and really they are deleted, actinic still gives this error...

this applies if you have used the image in a brochure fragment or even an extended info pop up page...and deleted, not purged, that item as well...

little glitch, lets hope its that

Comment

thanks harlequin I really want it to be that simple but unfortunately I have purged more than once....!

Are we to admit defeat???

I hope not!

Comment

Is the filename mentioned in any embedded HTML within your site? What is the problem filename?

Regards,
                        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                        Multichannel order processing
                        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi All

Just to let everybody know I sorted the problem by narrowing it down to a section of 12 products, deleting it and then re-inputting it.............for some strange reason that seemed to work...........I know not why but I'm happy again

Thanks for everybodys help...

Comment

Working...
                          X