No announcement yet.

Hmm, Site Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Jo that you should be able to click anywhere in the list of products on the front page.

On your main section page I would use two columns for the section list (this is set in design options on the sections tab), if you could work out how to display the text below the images as well that would look really good.

You could add a nortree as well to improve the navigation(http://www.rouxel.cwc.net/actinicstuff.html, scroll down the page a bit)

The black text (which I think is for sections already viewed) it hard to read.

I like the little tabs at the top of the page that appear when you are in a subsection, if that standard Actinic or did you do that yourself?

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

There does seemt o be one glaring error!!!

The items listed on the home page under each section are in the wrong place - currently, the first section under 'Section 2' is Batteries and so on- shown on the home page as under Section 1 - it was confusing for me!

Cheers

Jos
      Thanks

Jos Medinger

Tel : 01978 843 962
      www.internetology.co.uk
      Actinic / E-Commerce Hosting, Design & SEO

Comment

Incidentally, I designed a site for a customer recently which seems to be in the same field as you...

http://www.fastbikebits.com

If there are any organisational tips that you can take from that for product layout, then I'm sure my client wouldn't mind!!

Cheers

Jos
        Thanks

Jos Medinger

Tel : 01978 843 962
        www.internetology.co.uk
        Actinic / E-Commerce Hosting, Design & SEO

Comment

fastbikebits.......you need to tone down the background - just make it a bit lighter, it is fighting with the text to be seen

Comment

Thanks for the advise....

I am currently rebuilding the site with more images, better product descriptions and maybe a better index page...

As you say its not bad but could be improved....

How much would you charge to host my site?

Comment

Hi jan,

The hover colours were ok... Since having a problem with the mail system we had to refresh the design.... Guess what, the hover links have changed and we did not export the theme.

At the moment im redesigning the whole thing. I think your idea of two columns etc is a brill idea.... The only thing that isnt standard actinic is the main index page, logos etc....

Comment

Working...
              X