Firefox problem with add to cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox problem with add to cart

Recently i've started receiving the following error message on my site when I click add to cart...

A General Script Error Occurred
    Error: The specified product (reference 144) has just been removed from the catalog. Please return to the catalog and continue shopping. If you press the Refresh or Reload button on your browser, the removed products will no longer be visible in the catalog. We apologize for the inconvenience.Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner

Weirdly enough it's totally fine on internet explorer and it's just firefox it dosent work on. Any ideas?

Sounds like a cached page, right click - reload, if that doesn't solve it, then do a database compact and then a website refresh.

Comment

Tried all of that

It does it on every single product... you can see it at www.distortionclothing.co.uk

something even more strange I found out... My dad has version 2 of firefox and he managed to place an order no problem... but mine and other peoples version 3 of firefox comes up with the above error!

I'm at a bit of a dead end after finding that out

Comment

i've tried all that but nothing has had any effect. Weirdly I found out today it even works in firefox version 2 but just not in version 3.

This makes things a little more confusing!

you can see the site at www.distortionclothing.co.uk

IE and Firefox version 2 it runs perfect without any problems... then version 3 brings up the error message above.

I'm at a total dead end!

Comment

FF3 has a much more aggresive chaching policy than previous versions. I've seen lots of issues where the file updated code (304), is not being viewed on static files by FF3 (but working fine on FF2, IE, Opera etc). Could be related.
          KDM Digital Media - Actinic web design and hosting

Comment

This could be a problem with network settings. Could you post your settings here (leaving out any usernames and passwords). I'm particularly interested in the 'Path from CGI-Bin to Online Store Folder' as this determines whether the browser can find the *.cat files online or not. If it doesn't find the *.cat files, you get the error message you are getting now.

Comment

Catalog URL: http://www.emotiveclothing.co.uk/acatalog/
              CGI-BIN URL: http://www.emotiveclothing.co.uk/cgi-bin/
              Codebase: ./
              Path From CGI-BIN to acatalog Directory: ../public_html/acatalog/
              Path To Perl Shell: /usr/bin/perl
              Path To CGI-BIN: /cgi-bin/
              Path From CGI-BIN To acatalog Directory (as viewed by ftp): /public_html/acatalog/

let me know if you need anymore settings

it's such a confusing problem. Especially as I have another website with all the same settings and slightly different templates and it works fine!

Dom

Comment

Hi - I thought the URL was 'distortionclothing' rather than 'emotiveclothing'. You need to use the same domain name in your network settings as you have in your online store for Actinic to work properly.

You can also just get rid of the value in the 'Path From CGI-BIN To acatalog Directory (as viewed by ftp)' field - generally you don't need anything in there.

Comment

distortionclothing bounces to emotiveclothing

have you done a purge a refresh, under trouble shooting. Also have you changed any scripts?

Comment

yeah distortionclothing.co.uk is just a domain name that bounces onto the emotiveclothing.co.uk site. Distortion Clothing is the new name for the company but everything is still hosted from emotiveclothing.co.uk

Just did the purge and refresh. No effect at all.

To my knowledge I haven't changed any of the scripts, but if I have the originals would be put back in the purge and refresh wouldnt they?

Comment

Yep - that's right.

OK - next thing to try is permissions. Are you on a Unix/Linux server? If so, make sure your *.pl files in the cgi-bin have permissions of 755 and the *.pm files are 644. Then make sure your 'acatalog' is 777.

The other thing to check is the server time. We've had problems before with cookie errors in Firefox but not IE where it's because the clock on the server is very different to the clock on the PC. This is worth checking too.

Comment

Checked all the scripts and the .pm files had execute permissions, but i've changed it and no effect.

The server clock is about 5 minutes different to my pc clock. Do you think this could possibly be causing the problem? If so is there an easy way to fix it?

Thanks for your help so far

Comment

Hi Dominic

The clock issue probably won't affect it. If it was 5 hours - then maybe. But not 5 mins.

I'm afraid I'm out of ideas. You'll need to register an email support query via http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm

Comment

After testing just about everything in Actinic... It's a primary template problem!

I put an original primary template on my site and uploaded it and it works fine.

I was wondering if anyone would take a look at my primary template if I e-mail it over and see if i've deleted some of actinics code or something?

Thanks

Comment

Could you just please post the <head> section here within [code] tags. I've seen a problem before when there are HTML tags near the BASEHREF code.

Comment

Working...
                              X