X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Nortree questions

Hi there,
    I have Nortree working on my site. Thank You for a great product Norman

On my site I'm using sidebars down both sides of my catalogue. Before I used Nortree I had the standard Actinic section links down the left hand side of my catalogue pages. Now that I have Nortree installed how do i remove the original section links? They are still there hiding under Nortree.

My second question is how do i get the arrows to show in Nortree? I couldn't see them in preview mode but have them in my site one folder and have ftp'd them to my acatalog folder.
    I'm uploading my site now so should I see them when all is uploaded?

Cheers and Thanks,

Jacy

www.jacyscomputers.com.au
    Jacys Computer Supplies
    Web: http://www.jacyscomputers.com.au
    email: sales@jacyscomputers.com.au

Hi again,
    I just uploaded my site and the menus look great!! the arrows are working in the cataloge pages but not the brochure pages.
    Could someone please tell me how to have them showing on the vrochure pages.

Cheers and Thanks,

Jacy
    Jacys Computer Supplies

Comment

ftp the tri gifs up to your root folder

there needs to be a copy of the tri.gif's in your root folder, this is the one that acatalog is in, so alongside your acatalog folder you should see tri.gif, trileft.gif and tridown.gif and or any index.html page you have put there..

make sense?

steve q.

Comment

also, you are using the version of normenu that generates 'search script' url's....norman has got a more recent version that allows to generate a better type of link therefore the menu gets cached better...

i think even the version of nortree at www.rouxel.cwc.net/actinicstuff.html is updated although at the moment it pays to keep checking every week or so whilst there is a flurry of activity with normenu/nortree/norcascade....

best,

steve q...

ps...where is your lovely bookmark icon we sorted ages ago

ooppss edit, i just got it now...

Comment

It's worth getting the update nortree_menu_create.js and setting the Link Prefix field in the Nortree configuration program to the URL of your site's acatalog directory (including the trailing /). E.g.

http://www.jacyscomputers.com.au/acatalog/

as this will geratly speed up subsequent page loads.

Just follow the link in Steve's post above.

Also why not rename the long section name Microphones & Headsets to Mics & Headsets as this would allow you to have much shorter boxes for the first level. Your customers could see them all at once. I've a 1050 high screen here and I still have to scroll down to see the lot. You could also shrink the font to fit more in.

Finally the triangle gifs could be changed to a white (or some other colour that contrasts with purple) ones as these would stand out better. Any image editor should be able to do that. Keep them as .gif's as they have transparency set so your background colour shows through.

Norman
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

heres some tri gifs

heres some i have for the purpose, help yourselves...

black-gold-grey-white- in the file attached
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys,
              Thanks for all your help you guys are the best!! My sites looking great now. Just one more thing

On my site I'm using sidebars down both sides of my catalogue. Before I used Nortree I had the standard Actinic section links down the left hand side of my catalogue pages. Now that I have Nortree installed how do i remove the original section links? They are still there hiding under Nortree. (there not exactly hiding now as i have shortened nortree)

Jacy
              Jacys Computer Supplies

Comment

Working...
              X