Changing Length of Offline Order Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Length of Offline Order Number

I'm trying to find how to reduce the length of the manual offline order numbers. (from 14 characters down to 8 or thereabouts)

Thanks to other posts on this forum I have already managed to change OrderScript.pl so that the Online orders are now just 8 figures long. But I'd like to do the same sort of thing with the offline orders which are still generating the standard 14 digit numbers.

Anyone know how to do this? This is for a catalog v7 installation.

Thanks, Andy

You can go to 'Business Settings | Order Processing' and change the 'Order Number Prefix' for offline orders to something much smaller. You can't change the last part though.

Comment

Chris, I've tried that before and it comes up with a message "The order prefix must be 7 characters long"

Is there a database change that can change this?
      Tracey

Comment

Thanks Chris,

I have tried what you suggested but it insists on me using 7 characters and will not accept anything shorter. Is there a workaround for this?

Comment

Doh! Shows you should always test things before suggesting them. Sorry - in which case no - I don't know of any way to shorten it. Sorry.

Comment

That probably explains why I couldn't find an answer on the forum somewhere already. It certainly is an excellent community forum with loads of useful & relevant information & most of the problems I've encountered have already been solved by others, hence this string being my first posting despite being a member for 3 years!

Thanks for looking into it though

Comment

Working...
            X