Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Path to CGI-Bin and CGI-BIN access problems on installation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Path to CGI-Bin and CGI-BIN access problems on installation.

Hi there, I spent the whole day yesterday trying to install actinic business v7 onto my new webspace. I have installed a working v6 catalog onto this space in the past so I am at a loss as to the cause of the problems.

I recieved several errors yesterday regarding the path to the cgi bin and access to the cgi bin. This morning with a fresh head I deleted my cookies and and tried reinstallation, using the wizard I selected the corect folders for both the cgi-bin and the public_html folder for the web files. Unfortunatley I'm still getiing errors:

An error occurred while attempting to change permissions of a file or directory.
    There was a failure in connecting to the FTP server in an attempt to execute a FTP chmod command.
    The connection wizard will not continue.
    Please configure your network settings through the Advanced / Network Settings dialog.

What is strainge is that the permissions have not been changed since actinic catalog version 6 was installed with no problems.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as this has almost beaten me..

Host and network settings will help

Comment

Thanks Darren,

After a day and a half of trying I cracked the problem about 20 minutes after posting. Thanks for the reply.

I wish I had searched on here for Heart internet account settings yesterday morning.

Greg

Comment

Working...
      X