Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File Upload Webpage

Hello

I would like to be able to link my product page within Actinic to a new page which will give customers the option to upload image files (jpg, pdf, and gif) to our webserver. Ideally, I would like each uploaded file to be forwarded as an attachment to my email address.

I am aware of the image download add-on from drillpine.biz. However, the add-on displays the image on the product page, which is not a requirement for me. I am also aware of the form in Dreamweaver which will create an upload field on a webage, but I understand that there needs to be additional server side scripts to enable the upload functionality to work.

Is anyone aware of any java, asp code which will allow me to upload files to our webserver? (P.S I am not a developer and have no knowledge of java and asp coding!).

Many Thanks

Julian

I think your best way would be to use the drillpine method and just amend the layout to not show things you do not want shown. It's an easy solution then.

If DW gives you the form and the scripts, there is nothing to stop you setting that up, best to use a brochure page and embed your html into a text only fragment. Attack it in stages, first get the form embedded and working on your site, then attack the scripts which will probably need adding into design|additional files and then reference them within the acatalog folder. You can upload a brochure page hidden from your site until it is ready and working.

Comment

Thanks Lee

I have managed to create a webpage within DW which contains the Form and have added a link to my Product Template within Actinic so that the page appears when a customer wishes to upload a file. The layout of the linked page for the file upload looks fine, and as it stands, I can add a file for uploading to the Form Field. However, getting the file to upload to the server when "submit" is clicked is where I seem to have a problem, and this is where I think the java, asp coding is needed as DW doesn't seem to handle the mechanics of uploading to the server.

It sounds as though the drillpine method might be the way to go!

Comment

If you have DW, can you upload the page yourself and get it to operate outside of actinic first, once you have done that it should be plain sailing. All you'd then need to do is lift the form and place it into a fragment on a brochure page, and change the reference to the file so that it points to the acatalog folder and of course move the file into the right place.

Either go drillpine or get yours working outside of actinic first.

Comment

Working...
        X