Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V7 - Duplicate product search problem

Hi there,

I'm running a site in Business v7.0.7. For some reason it appears that suddenly the duplicate products on the site are not appearing in the search. I thought it may be something to do with the search settings but when I checked the 'Index product duplicates' box is ticked, so I can't understand why duplicated products are only appearing once in the search.

Has anyone ever come across this before?
    Cheers
    Stuart

Are you saying that if you have a product duplicated 10 times, you want it to show in the search results 10 separate times?

Comment

Yes! It sounds silly I know, but that's what I want to do. It used to work but for some reason it's stopped. I never tend to duplicate the items more than once. There is a reason I need to show them more than once in the search so i'm not just doing it for the sake of it or anything like that.
      Cheers
      Stuart

Comment

Hmm strange one then, the only setting i know of is the one you mention in search settings and you usually tick this to stop duplicate results happening. I wonder if somehow the setting has changed and it is not registering the change back. I'd suggest a compact of the database and a website|refresh as your first thing to try, see if that solves it.

Can you confirm that the duplicate products are working OK and can be added to cart ok on the site also as it may turn out to be a duplicate product problem.

Comment

Working...
        X