Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

aagghh - these stupid templates are driving me nutty!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aagghh - these stupid templates are driving me nutty!

check out this page (as an example) -

http://www.lowcarbgoodies.co.uk/acat...stCereals.html

I'm trying to locate the part of the template that draws the extra wide line at the bottom just above the 'add selection to shopping cart' button.

I've tracked it down to the variable 'NETQUOTEVAR:SINGLEADD' in act_productbody.html - if I REM out this variable both the button and line disappear, if I put it back they reappear.

According to the 'Actinic Ecommerce v6 NETQUOTEVAR Dictionary' the source of SINGLEADD is the act_SingleCartButton.HTML template.

However, if I REM out the entire contents of this template, and look at the page the button has gone but the line is still there!!!

What's going on? I though I was getting the hang of this thing, but I keep finding things that appear without any apparent cause...
    John

Choose DESIGN>OPTIONS>MISC..

UNCHECK THE COMPACT HTML OPTION.

Now when you preview the site the name of the template will appear in comments above and below the line

the line is an <HR> tag
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Rather annoyingly, this one is not in a template.

Go to Design | Text, click 'Goto' and go to prompt ID 2282. Remove the <HR> tag you see there.

Comment

Rather annoyingly
        no kidding! but seriously, how am I supposed to find something like this? I'm getting the hang of the template manager, and using the 'dictionary' to find the source of variables, but what process should I have used to track this down...?

It worked btw, but I added a width=60% rather than delete it - I just wanted to stop it from giving me a horiz scroll bar at 800x600...
        John

Comment

Thanks for raising this one John, and for the answer - I've wanted to get rid of this in my shop, now succeeded.
          I would also like to raise the button further up as have enough room beside the image - if anyone can point me to that one too...
          Barbara
          With kind regards

Barbara

<hr>Barbara Saul
          Elementally...
          Because you don't want a website; you want more business
          We make the Internet work for you
          Telephone: 0845 644 0709<hr>

Comment

Barbara, which template are you using, or is you shop still up there so I can visulaise where you are.. Mind blowing up, no room for imagination..
            Jenny
            Hanson Web Design
            www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
            jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
            Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

Hey Jenny
              No it's live-ish now - just waiting for Protx to finish their bit. www.majestic-rugs.co.uk - the individual rug pages. Using the standard Primary template that I've butchered!
              Barbara
              With kind regards

Barbara

<hr>Barbara Saul
              Elementally...
              Because you don't want a website; you want more business
              We make the Internet work for you
              Telephone: 0845 644 0709<hr>

Comment

To save my typing I rang Barbara up and made a few suggestions re editing the templates. Nothing that exciting
                Jenny
                Hanson Web Design
                www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
                jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
                Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

Originally posted by jxm28788
                  no kidding! but seriously, how am I supposed to find something like this?
                  Hi John

If you download the latest versions of the Advance User Guide, on page 117, there is a section entitled: Appendix C: Guide to 'Design | Text | Website | HTML'

It will provide you with information on what each item on HTML does

The advance user guide can be downloaded here

I hope this helps

Kind Regards
                  Nadeem Rasool
                  SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
                  X