Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

developers - where is the return link from the basket/checkout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

developers - where is the return link from the basket/checkout?

this is part of a previous thread, just starting a new thread specifically for this particular problem as it isn't as resolved as we first thought...(just logged on this morning and the problem is back...!)

just deleted old website from the server, and moved the website from '/acatalog/' to'/'. All the paths in the network setup have been updated, but there seems to be some value somewhere that has been missed.

when I add something to the basket, it then jumps back to the non-existent '/acatalog' rather than '/', the same happens if you goto an empty checkout, or if you press the ('on page' on IE) 'back' button from the checkout.

Normally this will go back to the referring section, but for those people with norton or zonealarm it refers back to a 'default' page (as has been well documented in these threads). However, where is that default specified? I am bound to get visitors using these products so I need to make sure they get returned to somewhere (I don't care where as long as it's somewhere that exists...)

I no-one knows, then can this be fixed by a redirect and if so how do I do that?
    John

I have just tried this and had no problems. You may have an issue with a 'session file' that has incorrectly stored the address of the store.

Try going to 'Help | Troubleshooting' and click 'Purge Session Files'. You should have more success.

Mmmm... biscotti. Suddenly I'm hungry.

Comment

Mmmm... biscotti. Suddenly I'm hungry.
      feel free to test the ordering and payment process...
      John

Comment

No problem here.

Are we having that referrer problem again?
        Bob Ladden

Comment

Put this in the now empty acatalog folder as index.html.

<HTML>
          <HEAD>
          <META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="0; URL=http://www.lowcarbgoodies.co.uk/">
          </HEAD>
          <BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
          <P>Redirecting to the moved page.</P>
          </BODY>
          </HTML>
          Bob Ladden

Comment

I’m suspicious that it is in the cookie. Purge all you cookies from your browser.
            Bob Ladden

Comment

yes, I already put the redirect in, just to catch anything that hasn't yet been sorted.
              John

Comment

Working...
              X