Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terms & Conditions Part 2

Hi All

Can anyone help me resolve this issue. I have tried to use the set up in the AUG for changing the "moving in 1 month" to "have you read our terms and conditions". But all to no avail.

On the web site it appears ok, people tick the box, it prints out on the data entry reports that they have ticked it, but if someone does not tick this box it still allows the order to go through.

Now i have looked at the old thread and Chris's suggestion is different to the one in the AUG. So which way do i go

If anyone else has any suggestions then please feel free to put pen to paper or fingers to keys

Cheers
    Darren

There are two solutions I am aware of - both of which I have got to work.

The one in the knowledge base HERE uses a 'Required' checkbox to detect whether the box has been ticked or not. This gets validated by the Perl - and an Actinic error message is generated. The advantage of this is that you can do it all in 'Design | Text' with no template changes.

The one in the AUG is more sophisticated, using JavaScript to validate the box when you click the 'Next' button.

If you are having trouble with the latter one, perhaps I could see a URL.

Comment

Wait a sec... the AUG one is not working (it was - honest).

I'll get it fixed.

Comment

That's ok, we''ll give you five mins! haha
        Hanson Web Design
        www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
        jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
        Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

whoops forgot to say it was the one from the AUG
          Jenny
          Hanson Web Design

Comment

Cheers Chris

At least i know it's not me getting stuck with the wood from the trees.

If some has got it to work could they past there script here, it might save chris a bit of time

Cheers
            Darren

Comment

Right - here is what stopped mine from working.

1) Make sure the ValidatePage javascript function is in the Overall Layout template that you are using for the checkout. (that was my first mistake).

2) Check whether there are any other <form> tags before the main form containing the checkout fields. This might be a simple search bar or a javascript drop-list. If there are, then adjust the [0] in the ValidatePage command to either [1] or [2] depending on how many forms there are before the main form.

3) Make sure the 'Next >' button really does say

onClick="return (ValidatePage());"

Comment

Ahha it works, I had to set mine to 1! Now in the download of order all will have the "moving" ticked. Any way around this?
                Jenny
                Hanson Web Design

Comment

Jenny

Just about to try chris suggestion but are you talking about the text on you print outs.

If so you can change this under Desgin | Text | Order processing reports, and change all the ones you use Picking list ID 411 Invoice ID 802 Data Entry ID 705

Hope this is what you are looking for

Cheers
                  Darren

Comment

Thanks. Just what I wanted. Too much work, too little brain.
                    Jenny
                    Hanson Web Design

Comment

Thanks Chris

now sorted, and it looks good. Hopefully i can be of assistance at a later date? I'm not sure what in, need any fascia & soffits?

Cheers
                      Darren

Comment

Your telling me, I have had the biggest crash course of my life over the last twelve months and im still learning.

and to top it all we've got a new catalogue coming out in the next week and muggins here has got to do all the updates. So i needed to get this fixed by friday. I can not upload any price changes and new products until the catalogue release date, which means no tweeking of the site for a week.

If i can offer any assistance in the future i will try

Cheers
                        Darren

Comment

When an order is created and dowloaded, you can open it up to see everything. However under customer it still says moving ticked. I can't find any "moving" under the text options. Can this be changed. All the reports are ok now.
                          Jenny
                          Hanson Web Design

Comment

Had not noticed that one!

Will have a look for it but my guess is it can not be readly changed

Cheers
                            Darren

Comment

How about a checkbox as a standard feature on a future release? Highly useful for those who have to confirm they have attempted to verify their customers are over 18...

One for the wish-list.....

Nick
                              Fighting with sellerdeck on http://www.nickdobsonwines.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X