Export

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Export

I have created a catalog in actinic. Is there anyway I can export this into a database. And then use this database to update the catalog.

IE USING EXCEL / ACCESS
    Gavin Carr
    Underwater World
    Stoney Cove

Actinic's data IS an access database. If you've Access 2000 onwards you can open (ActinicCatalog.mdb) it and see what all the tables (there are lots) do.

You can also export your Catalog (Actinic's File menu) and that gets you a textfile that could be imported into other programs. You'd need to do some work on it as this is a hierarchical type of file. See the Help file for info on these file types.

Norman.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Also, if you go to File | Export and export a hierarchical file from Actinic, you can open this file in Excel and then sort the data alphabetically in order to put all the products together in one lump.

You can then copy and paste just the product data into a new Excel workbook, and use Actinic Business's External Linking feature to link all this back into Actinic.

Comment

I tried sorting the exported heiricacal file as suggested but I am running into trouble. I can not seem to sort the database and perserve the colomn header names. I need the column headers so that I can properly map the exported file when linking back to Actinic.

Could you possiably be more specific in the "how too" of sorting the exported heiricachal file?

Brian
        Brian Johnson
        :::Sure Solutions Inc:::Professional Actinic templates from Buythisdesign.com:::
        1-732-528-7635 x203

Comment

Sure

Open a hierarchical export file in Excel.

Insert a new column into Column A. In the first cell in the new column enter '1', then in the cell below enter '2' and in the cell below that enter '3'.

Then highlight the three cells and drag the little square at the bottom right of the highlight box right down the bottom of the data. This should fill the entire column with sequential numbers.

You can then sort the file by 'Column B' to get all the products together. Make any changes you need to then sort them by 'Column A' to put them back into the original order.

Delete Column A before re-importing the data.

Comment

Working...
          X