Products and Product categories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Products and Product categories

I am looking to develop a shop using actinic catelogue for a client, they want to display a list of categories for example ford, vauxhall, porsche etc on the side of the screen and also have a list of types on the top of the screen like 4x4, petrol, diesel, saloon etc. So a user can either view all fords, or they can view all 4x4s which would include all appropiate models. - is this possible without having to upload a product twice?

Thanks
    Steve C

Actinic Business gives you the ability to create custom search fields for your products. This means you can give each car product a search value of '4x4', ' 'Roadster' etc. Then your links across the top can be hard-coded links to the search tool - which will produce a list of cars which meet that search criteria.

Then the links down the side can just be the make of car.

That works if you have Actinic Business. If you only have Catalog, then you are looking at putting each product in twice.

Comment

Thanks for that, I have another question, my company has been asked to develop a ecommerce shop for a client, is it possible to purchase 'catalogue' for the client, install it on a machine in our office, create the site and once finished re-install the same software at the clients office?

We would buy the developer edition but are not sure if we will be doing any more than this one shop.

Many Thanks.

Steve

Comment

Steve

That sounds entirely correct. Use the 'Snapshot | Export Site' feature to export your work as a snapshot, which can then be easily imported into your customer's copy of Actinic.

Comment

Chris is right that you'd have to put each product in twice but it isn't that difficult.

The best way is to define each product (car or whatever) once then use it as a component of the product description.

You can then copy and paste the product description into seperate areas, just changing the reference number for each one.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Products and Product Categories

Originally posted by olderscot
            Chris is right that you'd have to put each product in twice but it isn't that difficult.

The best way is to define each product (car or whatever) once then use it as a component of the product description.

You can then copy and paste the product description into seperate areas, just changing the reference number for each one.

Mike
            I am looking at achieving a similar task to Steve C (posted Oct 14th 2003). I have a client selling luggage. I have listed all my products by brand (ie Samsonite, Antler etc) in catalog and thats fine. I also need to be able to display a list by use, ie Suitcases, Handbags, Briefcases etc, which should be a clickable link on the left hand side, then those products would be displayed.

If I add the products in twice, as suggested in the previous thread, how do I create the link to this list without it adding itself on the end of the listings by brand too?

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Rich.

Comment

Working...
            X