Adding a 'View Basket' link/button in Checkout Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a 'View Basket' link/button in Checkout Page

Hi, I know this answer is simple, yet I've searched the archives and the advanced user guide to no avail and I've also tried dabbling and I still can't get it to work!

Please can someone put me out of my misery!

Many thanks in advance

Michelle

Sorry that I can't help on this but isn't the basket already shown on the check out pages ? Or are you building a custom checkout that doesn't show the cart contents?

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Mike, no for some reason it isn't.

On our older site (dirtbikestore.com) it shows the sitemap only - still no basket button and that site was always extremely standard (no tinkering at all really) and still is.

I want the basket link there to give people a chance to go back and change quantities etc instead of having to click 'back' to the product pages.

I did see an old thread where someone said they had done it, but they didn't say how!

Many thanks
      Michelle

Comment

V6!!! - blast from the past. See if there is a selector for the template used for checkout and change it to the main catalog or copy the basket code from act-primary into the checkout pages

Comment

OK. I understand.

You should be able to just use the same html that you use for 'view cart' anywhere else. I have this on the page in my primary template and it works fine on the checkout pages. It is a text link rather than a button, but you could always mimic a button by using an image if that's what's causing the problem.

Mike

Edit: this is the code that seems to work fine in my checkout template:

<a href="http://www.mydomain.co.uk/cgi-bin/ca000001.pl?ACTION=SHOWCART&ACTNIC_REFERRER=http://www.mydomain.co.uk/acatalog/">View Cart</a>

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Many thanks for your help Mike and Mal.

Mike - I'm presuming that code would go into the Act_PrimaryCheckout.html ?

(please excuse me, I'm a bit of a numpty when it comes to the templates! )

Thanks again
            Michelle

Comment

Ah, no, that's not it! I just tried that in the Act_PrimaryCheckout template and that code shows the contents of the cart/basket - not gives a link back to the basket!

Basically, all I want is a link that enables the customer to go back to the "ViewBasket" page from checkout, instead of pressing the back button.

Thanks again
              Michelle

Comment

Originally posted by Mox View Post
                Ah, no, that's not it! I just tried that in the Act_PrimaryCheckout template and that code shows the contents of the cart/basket - not gives a link back to the basket!...
                I'm not sure I understand what the difference is between what you want and what the link does.

Is this what you want:
                Code:
                http://www.mydomain.co.uk/cgi-bin/ca000001.pl?ACTION=SHOWCART

Comment

LOL, yes it is the code (as was Mikes also), many thanks - I'm getting myself confused because I've just realised it's the Act_Order01.html template I need to put it in

All fixed now .... many thanks everyone (and apologies for my ineptness!!)

Comment

Working...
                  X