Buyers Receipt Email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buyers Receipt Email

I am having a strange problem with the sending of Buyer receipt emails. While the copy email of the order is sent through fine (Business Settings --> Ordering --> Send Receipt Email Copies To ...) the customer/buyer is not sent an email to the email address they enter on the Act_Order01 checkout screen. The error.err log file contains the following message:

Program = ORDERSCR, Program version = 450 , HTTP Server = Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) , Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2003/10/14 16:45, Internal Errors = Email receipt not sent to customer. Undefined customer email address.

Where does Actinic get the customer email address from for sending the Buyers confirmation email? I really need it to be sent to any email address entered at the checkout phase.

Many thanks,

Julian

Just an update. I have tried enabling sending an email to the customer (View --> Customer Accounts --> Edit Customer --> Send Email for every order placed) and that works fine as well. I just cannot seem to get the email confirmation to go to the buyers email address. What else is it dependent on as the email address of the buyer is showing on the order01 when it is filled in?

Thanks,

Julian

Comment

Hi Julian

I don't know why this isn't working, and I've never heard of this before.

It will take some investigation, so can I ask you to register an email support request HERE so someone can take a detailed look at it.

Comment

Hi Chris,

I logged this myself with the support desk this morning and Ben called me back but in the meantime I had fixed/fudged it myself. From what I could deduce Actinic was ignoring the email entered in Order01, even though it was shown in the narrative of the confirmation email OK, and always taking the email address from the Buyers tab on the customers account.

As I could spend no more time investigating I edited OrderScript.pl and commented out the following line:

push(@aRecipients, $$pBuyer{EmailAddress});

in the DisplayReceiptPhase function and replaced with

push(@aRecipients, $::g_BillContact{EMAIL});

which works. I'm not sure if the problem is generic or some combination of how I've implemented customer accounts and pricing i.e. non-registered users can browse the site but no products are enabled in the retail price list. All I can say is this works although if you would like to look into it further I will happily supply a snapshot on an FTP server for you.

Many thanks,

Julian

Comment

Working...
        X