brochure pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brochure pages

Hi, I have sort of ignored brochure pages but now the client wants a site that he can update both! Has anybody managed to create a home page that has info text on say the left, a top five sellers box top right in text area, blurb below, all that can be updated by him. Can this be done, has anybody got any examples I could look at, bright ideas, ( want to do it for £10)?
    Anything. Timescales yesterday..
    Jenny
    Hanson Web Design
    www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
    jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
    Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Well, here's the bad news. There are not many variables that work in brochure overall layout templates. The only ones that do are:

NETQUOTEVAR:PAGETITLE
    NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERMETA
    NETQUOTEVAR:BGIMAGE
    NETQUOTEVAR:BGCOLOR
    NETQUOTEVAR:FGCOLOR
    NETQUOTEVAR:LINKCOLOR
    NETQUOTEVAR:VLINKCOLOR
    NETQUOTEVAR:ALINKCOLOR
    NETQUOTEVAR:BROCHURELOGO
    NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERGUIDE
    NETQUOTEVAR:BROCHUREBODY

This means that most of the design elements you talk about have to be done outside of Actinic.

But once you get the overall layout template looking nice, it is then quite simple to knock together some good looking brochure fragments (they are easier than products) for your customer to add their own data to the bulk of the page.

Comment

Chris
      if you create a fragment eg top5, can it coded so so that fragment by using netquotevar:fragmentname, always appears in a certain place on the template, eg set top right
      I am making this up as I go now.
      Jenny
      Hanson Web Design

Comment

I was tinkering with getting a top 3 products onto the brochure page recently (complete with product details and cartbutton, etc) and came up with this.

There were some wierd caching issues and I'm nor a server guru so someone else who is might like to help by checking this out.

Norman
        Attached Files
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I have seen how you can set variables of top1, top2 etc and link those.. Jenny
          Hanson Web Design

Comment

I thought if I created customvars, I could hard code those into the brochure template. fine but how do I and where do can I define them so the client can update them! any ideas?
            Jenny
            Hanson Web Design

Comment

Custom properties can only be defined for brochure pages within 'Design Options | Site Defaults'. There is no way to define custom properties for brochure pages or fragments sadly.

Comment

By creating 2 custom vars/per top (x) listing Within brochure template, having set them out in a table, once defined under Design Options | defaults I can set this up.
                Jenny
                Hanson Web Design

Comment

Working...
                X