Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Link Tip

Hi Everyone,

I have been encountering some really weird things using actinic Link, i have been working on this for a week and with the help of Toby from support found what seems to be a small bug in the system. Here is the description of the problem and what the problem is :

I was updating a catalog from SAGE V9 using Link, but when imported into Business the products I expected to be created and the products I needed updated would simply not appear.

During the import the little screen which shows how many products are imported seemed to work fine apart that it would speed up towards the last 200 products and then start processing the last 200 almost instantly.

After checking the software version and patches and finding nothing.

I imported the link export file into excell and startng checking for anomalies, still nothing, but when I started looking for punctuation marks I came across 3 Quote marks inside one of the fields and the line it was on matched the product line where import seemed to speed up, As soon as I removed the quote marks from the product description in SAGE the import satrted behaving as expected.

So Here is the TIP :
    Do not use any Quote Marks in Sage (")
    PS : I use the manual import since this happened instead of the import SAge line 50 option it gives me for more consistent results.

Kind regards, hope it helps
    Chris Marques

Kind regards
Working...
X